Alan Wake 2 is a third-person perspective survival horror game developed by Remedy Entertainment.
Moreover, the game features a mysterious and creepy world where players must uncover secrets and solve various challenges.
Continue reading to learn more about Cooler Lock, how to find it, unlock it, and the rewards you can get from it in Alan Wake 2.
Table of Contents Show
What Is Cooler Lock In Alan Wake 2?
A cooler lock is a cooler that you can find outside the Break Room in Watery.
Players need to unlock the lock of the cooler to get the Stash key and a crossbow. Therefore, the lock is a combination lock with three symbols.
Players must look for three other triangle symbols in the cabin behind the cooler to find the combination.
Furthermore, each triangle symbol corresponds to one of the three clues on the note on the cooler:
- Wash your hands (triangle above the sink)
- Take the chicken out of the fridge (triangle on the side of the fridge)
- Take a nap (triangle above the bed in the back room)
How To Find A Cooler Lock In Alan Wake 2?
By following these steps, you can find the cooler lock in Alan Wake 2:
- Firstly, go to the murder site south of the general store in the town of Caldron Lake, which is marked with a red skull icon on the map.
- When you reach the murder site, search for a cooler, which is located behind a picnic table next to a tree.
- Then, you will notice a note on top of the cooler, which contains three clues: Wash your hands, take the chicken out of the fridge and take a nap.
- These clues correspond to three triangle symbols in the cabin behind the cooler.
- Enter a small cabin behind the cooler and look for the three triangle symbols.
- Likewise, the three triangle symbols are located in the following places:
- Above the bathroom sink, you will find wash your hands.
- You will find take the chicken out of the fridge, on the side of the fridge.
- However, you will nap above the bed in the back room.
- Afterward, return to the cooler and enter the code into the lock from top to bottom.
- The cooler will unlock once you enter the code correctly, and then you can collect the supplies from inside.
Crossbow Cooler Lock Combination in Alan Wake 2
By following these steps, you can find the cooler lock combination to get the crossbow:
- First, go to the Break Room in Watery, marked on the map with a coffee cup icon.
- Then, find the cooler next to the shooting range against the wall.
- Examine the bolts in the shooting range; there, you will notice that three targets have more bolts than the others.
- After that, count the number of bolts in each target:
- Target 1: 5 bolts
- Target 2: 2 bolts
- Target 3: 7 bolts
- Therefore, the combination of the cooler lock is the number of bolts in each of the three targets, from top to bottom.
- Once you enter the code correctly, the cooler will unlock, and you can collect the crossbow from inside.
Rewards For Cooler Lock In Alan Wake 2
Some of the rewards you can earn by unlocking the cooler lock are:
- The Coffee World Stash Key unlocks the Coffee World Stash, which contains valuable items, such as ammo, bandages, and batteries.
- You can use the Trailer Park key to unlock the Trailer Park Stash.
- Additionally, you can find a Screwdriver, a tool used to open locked doors and containers.
- Streamside Stash Key is used to unlock Streamside Stash, which contains valuable items, such as hand flare and handgun ammo.
- However, the Cult Necklace inside the cooler protects you from the Dark Presence.
- Likewise, you can also find a Shortcut Key, which is used to open a shortcut door in the Lakeside Lodge.
The Bottom Line
A cooler lock is found on a container, like a cooler holding essential items.
You need to figure out the correct combination by finding clues or hints nearby to access the items inside it.