Having top-notch lighting, the best desk positioning or ornaments in your workspace could give an individual the subconscious boost required for better productivity.
Among these factors, an essential component people overlook while setting up their office is the color of the work desk they work on.
Different colors radiate different energy, and a specific color of the work desk could influence the spirit and mood of an individual.
If you were thinking of getting a work desk for your home office, this article contains the options of desk colors you can choose from.
So, mentioned below are the color types and effects they can have upon a particular individual. Office work desks are generally available in a few ranges of colors.
Desk Color Color Variants Its Effect on Work Productivity
Grey Slate Grey/ Green Grey/ Marengo Grey/ Blue Grey Provides Calmness during Stressful days
Red Maroon Red/ Burgundy Fuschsia Red/ Auburn Provides Energy and Passion
White Off White/ Silver White Provides the feeling of Neatness and order in your Workdesk
Black Oak Black/ Charcoal Black Creates Effect of Elegance
Brown Wooden Brown/ Walnut Brown/ Rustic Brown Helps to relieve stress
So, why don’t we discuss the impact of different colors on your work productivity below?
Table of Contents Show
- Does the Color of your Work Desk Matter?
- Colors of Work Desks and Their Effect on Work Productivity
Does the Color of your Work Desk Matter?
Home office color influences your psychology on how you work, how productive you can be, and how visitors and clients perceive and evaluate your home office.
So choosing a suitable color scheme is critical to effectively presenting yourself to internal and external audiences.
Different office colors might affect the color of the furniture. The color of the home office furniture will almost certainly matter just as much in practice.
The central part of your home office is your work desk. Whether you choose a standing or sitting desk, it should complement the rest of your room’s decor.
According to studies, the color of your home office and furniture impact your mind and behavior.
For example, desk color can help you think more clearly, soothe your nerves, and communicate authority and confidence.
Did you know that researchers have proven that colors can affect or influence our emotions?
Colors of Work Desks and Their Effect on Work Productivity
Any stain has numerous shades that get included in a work desk. But, these various colors can subliminally trigger hidden energy that can enhance performance.
Mentioned below are some suggestible desk colors for your home office.
1. Grey Colored Desk for Calmness
Grey is a color generally associated with the official and industrial environment. It is neither a perfect black nor a perfect white but a mix with its unique feel.
Furthermore, like the grey color, grey desks have a similar product that causes no distraction to the user. Thus, psychologically, the grey color does not have many effects on a working mind.
Pros of Grey-Colored Desk
- The personality-cloaking effect of having a grey desk allows you to work without any environmental distractions.
- It conveys a message of seriousness and dedication toward your objective.
- During a time of nervousness and anxiousness, having a grey-colored work desk can help you feel calm.
Cons of Grey-Colored Desk
- A grey-colored desk evokes fear and a lack of confidence in many people.
- A grey-themed workspace with a central grey work desk might surround you from the outside world.
- Grey Colored Desk could turn out to be more straining and energy draining.
Furthermore, we keep ourselves protected and fearful of the unknown and the future.
In such cases, grey visualization can provide a subconscious feeling of security.
Despite its disadvantages, using a grey-colored work desk has more pros than cons.
If the properties of grey and its use in your home office are compatible with you, you can consider purchasing any grey-shaded work desk.
You can choose between Grey, Slate Grey, Grey Green, Marengo Grey, or Cool/ Blue Grey, some of the most popular.
But, if you feel uncertain about its effects on your productivity, let’s keep going with the article.
2. Brown-Colored Desk for Relieving Stress
Brown is one of the colors often underrated for its positive effect on work productivity. The natural feeling of dark brown is comforting to the eyes and mind.
Similarly, the lighter shades provide a warm feeling to the heart. The color brown is as natural as it can get, and seeing the brown color regularly duplicates the effect of the earth, evoking our human connections with nature.
Pros of Brown-Colored Desk
- With a brown-colored work desk, you could get more confident over time with the work.
- A brown-colored desk Provides relaxation and comfort to an individual during long workdays.
- Psychologically, brown represents the color of strength and reliability.
- Like the earth we see outdoors, brown can be associated with safety, dependability, and resilience.
- Brown-colored Desk provides elegance.
Con of Brown-Colored Desk
- Brown Colored Desk doesn’t reduce the stress level much.
- The color brown is often considered dull.
Many of the brown-colored elements in nature seem to represent security, stability, and support, such as that of tree trunks and the ground itself.
The brown-colored Desk has more pros than cons. Additionally, the brown-colored Desk may have varied effects depending on the shade you choose.
3. White-Colored Desk for a Neat and Clean Feeling
The white color signifies neatness and an immaculate appearance.
Having a white work desk would allow the worker to perform their daily tasks in a seemingly organized and well-managed workspace, which would assist in producing better output.
Pros of White-Colored Desk
- A white-colored desk provides a feeling of peace and calmness.
- A white-colored desk looks more neat and clean.
Cons of White-Colored Desk
- A white-colored desk is not a great choice as it puts you in relaxing mode, which might affect activeness towards work.
- Maintaining White Desk clean can also be challenging because the color draws attention to even tiny scratches on the surface.
The white reflective surface of white-colored work desks gives off the Desk’s appearance as being more extensive than it is.
However, these spacious-looking surfaces will ease your mind even when your work gets a handful and all over the place.
Though having a light color such as white on your work desk would not cause much difference to many people, it could be effective if used in a proper office setup.
4. Red-Colored Desk for Stimulating Activeness and Passion
Red is a color that’s usually associated with rush, passion, and activeness.
The multiple patterns of red color used in work desks are generally a sublime mix of brown with the effects of energized task completion.
Red indicates the increased blood flow, and heart rate and points towards the scurry in one’s mood.
Similarly, exposure to a red-colored work desk could benefit you if you’re calm and collected.
Pros of Red-Colored Desk
- The color red provokes the adrenal glands and neurons and is ideal for getting into an energized mood due to its stimulating effects.
- Using a red-colored work desk could provide an effective and active working environment.
Cons of Red-Colored Desk
- However, regular exposure to red color could cause Stress and frustration.
- The stimulating effects of the color red could make an individual hyperactive and cause fatigue after a long day’s work.
Additionally, regular exposure to red could trigger these emotions, unlike cool colors like green or blue.
- Excitement and Energy
- Danger and Warning
- Passion and Eagerness
Despite the adverse effect of having a red-colored work desk consists, it could be one of the most productive colors if used correctly.
A good mix of red in your work desk can boost your work dedication and help you produce output more effectively.
Red working environments might not be for everyone, but you can achieve maximum work dominance if you’re compatible.
Among various shades, you can choose between Maroon, Magenta Red, Burgundy Fuchsia Red, or Auburn.
But, if you feel uncertain about its effects on your productivity, let’s continue with the article.
5. Black-Colored Desk for Elegance
The effects of the color black might vary depending upon a person. For example, black can be associated with attractiveness or elegance.
A black-colored work desk would surely give your clients the impression of being associated with a competent Party. It would also be a significant factor in increasing your drive to work harder.
Pros of Black-Colored Desk
- A black-colored work desk gives the appearance of elegance and professionalism.
- A black-colored desk provides strength in decision-making and boosts your intelligence.
Despite its advantages, many links the use of black to symbolizing the negative aspects of various things.
Cons of Black-colored Desk
- Black Colored desks symbolized negative aspects of various things.
- Color Black can evoke anger, fear, sadness, or fear and is generally related to evil or death.
- During your workday, all the negative aspects associated with black might surface to divert your attention.
6. Colorful Desk for Mood Booster
The colors mentioned previously are some of the most used and manufactured choices of work desks. But they’re not all there is out there.
Though rarely used, colorful work desks can also be a motivation booster.
Cheerful colors such as yellow, green, or blue bring out the positive side of your work experience.
Yellow represents optimism and creativity and would help you bring out the extra steps required in your creative thinking.
Green colored work desk brings out harmony and allows the user to work long hours.
It is one of those colors that are easy on the eye and reduces Stress over a long time.
Pros of Colorful Desk
- Colorful Desk can be a motivation booster.
- They bring out the positive side of your work experience.
- Colorful Desk brings out Optimism, Creativity, and Harmony.
There are more advantages to using a colorful desk than disadvantages.
Con of Colorful Desk
- A colorful work desk might not give the feeling of professionalism.
Whether the wall color or the desk color, it significantly influences your mood, feelings, and thoughts. A relaxing and comfortable work atmosphere can assist you in concentrating on your tasks.
It also depends on the industry in which you work. Some colors are excellent for making decisions. You also need to choose the desk color that blends smartly with your home office walls.
While choosing the color of your furniture, keep in mind the color of your home office’s walls. Want to find out more about Best Wall color for your Home office?
There is a lot of room for variation in tones of the same color, such as dark blue being more sympathetic than light blue.
The bright red color would be shocking; however, going with Auburn or Maroon would look more elegant.
Finally, colorful work desks or mixed-color desks are hard to come around, but they can help boost your work productivity in more ways than you would assume it would.
So, while exploring with colors, be careful to create an overall environment of harmony and balance.
For example, choosing chairs in a similar or contrasting color can help improve your space’s overall ambiance.
White light lightens the eyes, and white light affects our eyes, causing vision problems. However, according to psychological research, the brown color is better for a work desk.
Blue, black, brown, and red are the most stunning colors for your work desk. Finally, it comes down to personal preference; choose whatever calms your nerves and gives you confidence.