If you’re playing Diablo 4 and stuck on the Fury Against Fate quest, you might be experiencing the Wasting Hollow bug.
It is one of the most frustrating bugs in Diablo 4. Therefore, some players have reported a bug that makes this quest impossible.
Let’s continue reading to discover what causes this bug and how to fix it.
Table of Contents Show
What Is Wasting Hollow Dungeon In Diablo 4?
The Wasting Hollow Dungeon is tiny in the Untamed Scarps in Dry Steppes.
It is the site of the Fury Against Fate quest, where you join Ealda and her Crane Tribe soldiers in attacking the cannibals raiding their lands.
The Dungeon has two main areas. The entrance area is where you meet Ealda and her warriors.
Next, the cannibal feeding ground, where you must clear the enemies and survive the ambush.
The Dungeon also has a boss, Korvok the Carver, who is an influential cannibal leader with poison, terrifying and vampiric abilities.
The Wasting Hollow Dungeon can be found southeast of Crane Tribe Hutmoot, reasonably close to the Bloodsoaked Crag dungeon.
What Is Wasting Hollow Bug In Diablo 4?
The Diablo 4 Wasting Hollow bug is a bug that affects the Fury Against Fate questline, a side quest in Diablo 4.
It is the final quest of a questline that begins with Consumed by Pride and Raising Spears.
The quest involves joining Ealda and her Crane Tribe soldiers in attacking the cannibals in the Wasting Hollow Dungeon.
Moreover, the quest rewards you with a Gem Cache and some Renown, EXP and Gold.
However, the quest is also known to be bugged for some players, preventing them from completing it.
How To Complete The Fury Against Fate Questline?
To complete the Fury Against Fate questline, you need to do the following steps:
- Initiate the questline by talking to Ealda at the Crane Tribe Hutmoot in the Untamed Scarps in Dry Steppes.
- Then, complete the first quest, Consumed by Pride. You must find and kill the cannibal leader, Korvok the Carver, in the Flayer’s Outpost.
- Further, complete the second quest, Raising Spears. You should help Ealda rally her tribe and craft spears for the upcoming battle.
- Finally, complete the final quest, Fury Against Fate. You need to join Ealda and her soldiers in attacking the cannibals in the Wasting Hollow Dungeon.
However, you need to be aware of the possible bug that can prevent you from finishing this quest.
How To Fix Wasting Hollow Bug In Diablo 4?
The bug occurs when Ealda and her soldiers do not follow the player into the Dungeon or do not move after giving a speech.
This restricts the player from completing the quest and progressing in the game.
Some fixes to this bug are as follows:
- Beat the event in the Flayer’s Outpost outside the Wasting Hollow Dungeon. Complete this event before entering the Dungeon, quit Diablo 4, log back in, then head back into the Dungeon to fix the bug.
- Switch to World Tier 1 difficulty. Some users have reported that switching World Tiers, most reported World Tier 1, and logging into Diablo 4 fixes the bug.
- Once the speech starts, run straight to the Gore-soaked Barricade and wait. This technique can trigger Ealda to begin moving.
- Leave the Dungeon, quit Diablo 4, log back in, and re-enter the Dungeon. This method has worked for some but not others.
You may need to try these fixes multiple times until they work. If none of these fixes work for you, you may have to wait for Blizzard to release a patch that fixes this bug.
The Bottom Line
The Fury Against Fate questline in Diablo 4 is a fun and rewarding side quest, but the Wasting Hollow bug can also ruin it.
However, you can try some suggested fixes to solve this bug and continue your journey.
Moreover, Blizzard will fix this bug soon and make this quest smoother for everyone.