Smart TV is now a trending platform for streaming shows and movies. Paramount Plus is one of the popular streaming platforms that Smart TV supports.
However, it is not natively installed on your Smart TV while buying. So, you have to download it on your Smart TV through apps.
While most Smart TVs can stream Paramount Plus, some, such as Samsung, Sony, and LG are exceptions.
This article will guide you on how to download Paramount Plus on Smart TVs including unsupported Smart TVs. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents Show
- Which Smart TVs Are Compatible With Paramount Plus?
- How to Download Paramount Plus on Smart TV?
- What Are My Options If I Have Old Versions of Smart TVs?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Which Smart TVs Are Compatible With Paramount Plus?
Although many Smart TVs support Paramount Plus, you do need to check on the versions of your TV.
For Samsung TVs(Tizen), Paramount Plus is available only for versions 2017 or higher.
For Sony Bravia TVs or Android TV, 2015 or newer versions can stream Paramount Plus.
For LG TVs(WebOS), 2018 and newer versions are compatible.
How to Download Paramount Plus on Smart TV?
You can download Paramount Plus on your Smart TV through apps. But before you do start the steps, you need to be connected to the internet.
You need to download the Paramount app on your Smart TV and get your subscription to start streaming movies and series.
Following steps may differ according to your TV model but most are, more or less, similar.
To Download through Apps:
- Open your Smart TV and Select home.
- Select Apps.
- Navigate to the search bar and type Paramount Plus.
- Open the Paramount Plus app.
- Select Install and wait for it to download.
Now, what this will do is simply download the app on your Smart TV. To stream movies, you need to follow some simple steps.
- First, open the Paramount Plus app that you just downloaded.
- Now select the Sign up option. You’ll get an access code. Be sure to note it down.
- Now visit paramountplus.com on any web browser of your mobile or computer.
- Enter your access code from earlier and click on activate.
- Get a subscription plan according to your preference and enter your account credentials. If you do not have an account already, you can create one using your email.
- Now return to your Smart TV.
- Open up your Paramount Plus app.
- Go to Settings on your Smart TV.
- Sign in using your email address.
- Now you are ready to stream Paramount Plus.
What Are My Options If I Have Old Versions of Smart TVs?
If you have older versions of Smart TV that do not meet the requirements and don’t want to buy a new one, check out these ways to stream Paramount Plus.
Through a Streaming Device
You can use a streaming device to stream Paramount Plus on your Smart TV without any complications. Some of the popular streaming devices that you can use are Apple TV, Amazon Firestick, and Roku.
You can even use controllers such as Xbox and Playstation to stream Paramount movies on your Smart TV.
To use a Streaming device, you need to connect it to your TV’s HDMI port and change your TV’s input into an HDMI cable.
Know that Streaming devices are not software, they should be bought and set up externally. It will also cost you some amount of money.
Through Syncing With Your Device
If you don’t have a streaming device and don’t want to buy a new one, you can still stream, through your mobile/laptop and sync it with your Smart TV. But to do so, your device should be compatible with the streaming service.
If you have Smart View or Mirror Sharing feature on your device you can directly link your device to your Smart TV and enjoy streaming.
However, your device needs to be on the same internet connection as your Smart TV for it to work.
If your device does not have this feature, you can use Google Chromecast or Airplay to sync with Smart TV. You need to download Chromecast/Airplay and use it for screen casting.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to do if I don’t get an activation code?
If you do not get an activation code, try to sign up again and get another activation code. If you still don’t get your activation code, contact paramountplus.com/s/help.
Can I get Paramount Plus for free?
You can have a 7-day trial for streaming movies on Paramount Plus but after that duration, you’ll have to pay to watch.
Can I stream Paramount Plus on Smart TV through its web browser?
You cannot stream Paramount Plus through web browsing on Smart TV. You can browse on mobile and computer but Smart TV does not support Paramount Plus on a web browser.