Google Finance is a feature of Google that lets you pursue financial trends on the market, stock updates, and currency information in real-time.
Using Google Finance, you can easily monitor and acknowledge the performance of your investments.
However, the crash in Google Finance has made people go through some disappointments.
Therefore, further reading will help you know why Google Finance is not working and how to fix the issue instantly.
Table of Contents Show
Causes Of Google Finance Not Working
Recently, Google Finance has stopped working and is creating disappointment in users.
Use of the
=GOOGLEFINANCE() function in Google Sheets, it’s possible that the formula is not working because of a change in the way that Google Finance retrieves data.
Some more probable reasons why your Google Finance is not working are:
- High Network Traffic: Google Finance experiences high traffic when many clients try to access the website simultaneously, resulting in a slow-running website.
- Unstable Internet Speed: Your unstable internet speed affects any website’s performance.
- Browser Data Cache: Larger the cache, the slower the device’s speed. Corrupted files in the cache memory spoil the performance of any website with an error.
- Update Issues: While browsing your desired sites in any browser, it might be hampered by the updates occurring in the browser. So, if your browser is not up to date, a glitch will occur on your site.
- Corrupted Extensions: Your browser may be slower due to a corrupted extension interfering with the website’s loading.
6 Ways To Fix Google Finance Not Working
The trouble with the malfunctioning of Google Finance has led users to annoyance and frustration.
It restricts users from keeping current status regarding financial trends and getting historical stock data.
Here are some methods to fix Google Finance not working issue;
1. Check The Server Status
Sometimes your site may not run if it is under maintenance or the server you are approaching is down.
You can check the server’s status on DownDetector or other detecting websites.
Alternatively, search “Is Google Finance Down” on your browser. This provides you with relevant answers, and you can work accordingly.
2. Check Your Internet Connection
It is evident that your network does not support the desired website, consumes more time to run, and affects its performance.
Moreover, until you use stable internet, it hampers you from running the desired site. Therefore, it is also necessary to check the connectivity of the internet.
You can use the Ping Tool, which transmits data packets to a server and measures the time it takes to receive a response, to test the stability of your internet connection.
Similarly, you can also restart your WiFi routers, which may help troubleshoot any network issues.
3. Remove Corrupted Extensions
Sometimes, unwanted extensions in your browser may interrupt you from loading your required websites.
Follow the below steps to remove or uninstall corrupted extensions.
- Open Chrome and navigate toward the extension icon.
- Lots of installed extensions will appear; click on the unwanted extensions.
- Click on the ellipsis buttons(⋮).
- Finally, click on the remove the extension option. Your extensions will be removed and help you load your websites.
4. Update Your Browser
Not updating all the elements of your browser creates incompatibility.
Updating your browser may solve Google Finance not working issue.
Follow the steps below to update your browser to solve the issue.
- Click on the ellipsis buttons(⋮) on the right side of your browser.
- Direct towards Help, Click on About Google Chrome.
- Check if your Chrome is current; if not, click on Update Google Chrome.
5. Clear The Browser Cache And Cookies
Clearing the browser cache and cookies also may help you resolve these issues manually.
Follow the steps outlined below to fix the issue;
- Navigate toward the ellipsis buttons(⋮) > Settings.
- Click on Privacy And Security.
- Then, click on Clear Browsing Data.
6. Contact The Customer Service Team
You can contact the Google Customer Service Team if none of the above fixes helped you resolve your issues.
To contact the customer service team, follow the steps below;
- Navigate toward the ellipsis buttons(⋮) > Help.
- Click on Help Center and report your problem.
The Bottom Line
Your Google Finance mainly malfunctions when its server gets down due to server maintenance.
There is also the possibility that Google Finance might have gone through a cyberattack and taken offline until the security breach is repaired.
Hope these above-mentioned help you resolve your issues.