Securly provides internet filters for the students at the school to monitor their activity and ensure security.
However, Securly doesn’t allow privacy to the student; when the server is hacked, students’ privacy is exposed, negatively impacting people.
You can go through the whole article if you want to use Securly, maintain your privacy, save yourself from embarrassment, and discover if it is ethical to bypass Securly.
Table of Contents Show
- What Is Securly?
- Is It Legal To Bypass The Securly?
- How To Bypass The Securly?
- Risks Of Bypassing Securly
- The Bottom Line
- FrequentlyAsked Questions
What Is Securly?
Securly is an American Company that provides access to students’ online activity for their safety and guidance.
It enables schools to monitor students’ activities and their devices connected to the school’s Wi-Fi.
By implementing Securely, parents and teachers can encourage student security, providing concentrated learning environments.
Here are some benefits of Securly are;
- Securly assures students’ safety on the social platform, discarding irrelevant websites and refining relevant websites within 13 seconds.
- School obstructs and allows the opening of websites using “global allow” and “global deny” tools in accordance with students’ age.
- Securely provides the potential to set boundaries for accessing through the student’s account.
- Similarly, it provides the ability to create a specific group for the students according to their needs.
- It notifies schools regarding online bullying by scanning social media.
- Moreover, it makes schools aware of students’ insane activities, such as self-harm and suicide.
Is It Legal To Bypass The Securly?
Bypassing Securly, is quite complicated; you need intense knowledge of network technologies.
It is unprofessional and illegal for students to bypass Securly.
However, they wish to avoid being caught and embarrassed so they can hide from Securly.
Here are some other reasons why students try bypassing the Securly.
- To approach inadequate sites such as obscenity sites, drug-related content, and other inappropriate social media.
- To maintain secrecy and eradicate online bullying.
- Discarding censorship while browsing websites for better learning.
- To ingress entertainment such as music, dramas, and games.
- To provide a shield from being hacked by unethical users.
How To Bypass The Securly?
Your school activates Securly to monitor your activities and safety.
When you connect your device to the school’s wireless network and log in to the home address, Securly scans your page, and the school grants you access to specific sites.
The easiest way to bypass Securly is to belong to the Admin section.
Only teachers or administrators have access authority, so bypassing is easy for them.
Here are some methods to bypass Securly. However, it is essential to note that bypassing Securly may result in misconduct and can have legal consequences.
1. Use Of Virtual Private Network
With a VPN, one can bypass geo-restrictions and access restricted pages or services despite geo-restrictions.
The VPN provides incognito browsing with confidentiality by encrypting network traffic which remains invisible to Securly.
Furthermore, it enhances streaming performance, unblocks blocked sites, eliminates Securly’s site-blocking protocols, and delivers strong streaming performance.
Moreover, using VPN in public network allows you to stay safe and secure.
2. Implement Proxy Websites
Proxy websites mediate between users and visiting websites that hide your search activity from Securly.
It redirects the user’s web traffic before you reach the desired website keeping your IP address secret and covering the search history from Securly.
Proxy Websites act similarly to VPNs and enhance streaming and browsing performance.
One can access blocked websites by bypassing firewalls and web filters connecting to the proxy website.
3. Implement The TOR Browser
Tor Browser is for The Onion Router (Tor) network, which improves online communication maintaining its privacy and security.
Implementing a Tor network in your device hides your IP address, location and other unanimous information belonging to third Party entities, including Securly.
4. Use Different Browser Extensions
Installing browser extensions on your browser adds new features; some of them are specially designed to bypass Securly’s website blocking and monitoring.
Let us have an example of an UltraSurf extension which is a VPN. It covers the user’s IP address and distracts his web traffic via a proxy server.
Similarly, the Turbo VPN extension allows a fast and safe VPN connection to bypass Securely’s site blocking and monitoring.
Securely is limited to students’ school accounts only.
Therefore, when students log out of their school accounts and log into their personal accounts, Securly cannot track their browsing history.
Hence, students can browse anything on their personal accounts without any restrictions.
Risks Of Bypassing Securly
Bypassing Securly is perilous and leads to crucial significance.
Therefore, it is better to contact the appropriate authorities or the admin section if students have to access restricted websites.
Here are some consequences of bypassing Securly;
- Legal Consequences: Students trying to bypass Securly without proper authorization is inauthentic, resulting in legal consequences such as fines and imprisonment.
- Disciplinary Action: The schools are suspending students and terminating workers, trying to bypass Securly.
- Security Risks: Bypassing Securly exposes your devices and network to the risk of hacking and introduces viruses and malware.
- Loss Of Privacy: With the bypassing Securly, unauthorized persons can access your privacy and personal information.
- Negative Impact On Network Performance: While bypassing Securly; it results in network lagging and network connectivity interruptions.
The Bottom Line
Bypassing Securly is unethical for any student or member of the school not belonging to the admin panel.
However, sometimes you may go through such a situation where you must bypass Securly, for that one can utilize the above-mentioned techniques.
Similarly, one can take permission from the admin panel and perform their task.
How Can A Student Get Rid Of Securly?
You can follow these steps to get rid of Securly:
- Go to settings on Chrome.
- Then click the Advanced option.
- After that, click Manage Certificates.
- Lastly, click on Authorities.
- Under Authority, search for Securly SSL certificate and delete it.
How Do I Block Securly On Chromebook?
To block Securly on Chromebook, use the Policy Editor on admin.google.com, click on Global settings, look for Allow/block, and click on it.
Lastly, add the desired websites or keywords you would like to block.
How To Turn Off Securly Classroom?
To turn off Securly Classroom, log in to the Device Console.
Go to Organization, click on Settings, then System Tab, then deactivate the Exclude Teacher Tools for outside IP address ranges feature and save it.