Do you want to connect with your close friends in a more intimate and fun way?
Threads is a great way to keep in touch with the people who matter the most to you.
But how do you find friends on threads? Let’s keep on reading to learn how to find friends on Threads.
Table of Contents Show
- How To Find Friends On Threads?
- How To Find People You Don’t Know On Threads?
- Tips For Finding Friends On Threads
- The Bottom Line
How To Find Friends On Threads?
To find friends on Threads, you need to sign up through your Instagram account and keep the same username, password and account name.
There are a few ways to find your Instagram friends on Threads, a new social media app developed by Instagram (Meta).
Here are some steps you can follow:
1. Follow Instagram Friends While Setting Up Threads
During the initial setup of the Threads account, you will see a list of all Instagram accounts you follow, provided you are using the exact details.
From there, you can selectively follow someone or tap the Follow All button to follow everybody quickly.
2. Follow Instagram Friends on Threads From Settings
If you forgot to follow your Instagram friends during the setup process or happened to miss any, you can still follow your Instagram friends, or anyone for that matter, from the settings.
- Open Threads and go to your Profile in the bottom right corner.
- Then tap on the Hamburger Menu icon in the top right corner.
- After that, tap on Follow and invite friends settings.
- Select the Follow accounts from the Instagram option. From here, you can easily follow your Instagram friends on Threads.
3. Search Your Instagram Friends on Threads
If you want to discover new accounts or reconnect with profiles you used to follow,
- Go to the Search page and tap the Search Bar to find your Instagram friend.
- Once found, tap the Follow button next to the profile name.
- If you cannot find your Instagram friends on Threads, you can open Instagram and note your friend’s username.
- Then, go back to the Threads app.
- Enter the same username in the Search Bar to find your Instagram friend.
How To Find People You Don’t Know On Threads?
You will be able to follow all the people you follow on Instagram and also see some recommendations for other accounts.
Users can reply to, repost and quote other people’s posts. They can also share their Threads posts to your Instagram stories.
However, you can’t send direct messages or use features like live audio rooms or long videos on Threads.
To find people you don’t know on Threads, you can browse the recommendations in your feed or use the search function to look for specific accounts, topics or hashtags.
Moreover, you can also view Thread posts and profiles on the web through a link, but you can’t log in or post from there.
Tips For Finding Friends On Threads
Threads also has a feature called Trending Topics, where you can see what’s popular on the app and join the discussion.
Let’s discuss more on how to find friends on Threads.
1. Be Active And Engaging
Post interesting and relevant content, reply to, repost and quote other people’s posts, and share your Threads posts to your Instagram stories.
Therefore, this will help you attract more followers and join conversations with like-minded people.
2. Use Hashtags And Topics
Threads allow you to add hashtags and topics to your posts, which can help you reach a wider audience and discover new accounts to follow.
Generally, you can also search for hashtags and topics that interest you and follow the accounts that post about them.
3. Follow Verified Accounts
Threads have verified accounts for celebrities, brands, journalists and other prominent users.
Further, you can follow these accounts to get updates and see who they follow and interact with.
Additionally, you can check if your Instagram account is verified on Threads by looking for a blue check mark next to your name.
The Bottom Line
Threads is an app that works with Instagram to let you create private groups of close friends and chat with them in a more personal way.
It’s a great way to keep in touch with the people who matter the most to you. Moreover, you can browse and join threads of other people who share your interests.