The Spill app lets you connect with people who share your passions, interests, and perspectives.
It is more than just a social app. It’s a movement and a space to be yourself, express your opinions, and discover new trends.
Let’s continue reading more about the Spill app, including its features, limitations and costing.
Table of Contents Show
What Is Spill App?
The Spill app is a mental health support service for employees that integrates with Slack or MS Teams.
The app was created by Will Allen-Mersh and CEO Calvin Benton, who saw first-hand how hard it could be for people to reach out and get mental health support.
It allows employees to book next-day sessions with qualified therapists, access mental health tools and resources, and get anonymous insights on how the team feels.
Moreover, it provides management training, team mood checkers, and mental health lunch and learns.
However, the Spill app is entirely secure, confidential, and GDPR-compliant.
Features Of Spill App
When you visit the official website of the Spill app, you can look at its features by clicking on how it works.
It provides the features of therapy, a safety net, counselors and many more; let’s read in detail:
- Therapy Sessions: Next-day therapy sessions with qualified therapists who can provide different types of therapy, such as one-off sessions, therapy courses, or message-based therapy.
- Counselors: Mental health tools and resources that cover various topics, such as stress, anxiety, depression, work-life balance, etc. and include exercises, articles, podcasts, and videos.
- Safety Net: Spill Safety Net feature that proactively reaches out to team members who may be struggling with their mental health and offers them support. It also sends regular confidential surveys to check how the team feels and provides anonymous insights to managers.
- Admin Tools: Manager training, team mood checkers, and mental health lunch & learns to improve the company culture and communication around mental health.
- Integrations: Spill integrates with the communication platforms that the team already uses and allows them to book sessions, access resources, and use the Spill Safety Net feature from there.
- Secure Service: It is a fully secure and confidential service. All Spill sessions and messages are end-to-end encrypted and take place separately from Slack or MS Teams.
How To Use The Spill App?
You must book a launch talk for your team and call the Spill onboarding team, which may take longer, depending on their availability.
Here is some guidance for using the Spill app.
- Visit the Spill. Chat and sign up with your email and card details on their website. No payment will be taken until after you launch Spill.
- Next, you’ll get an invite code as a mail from the website. Copy and paste it into the required box.
- Then, you need to provide the Book launch talk for your team to introduce them to Spill and how it works.
- Further, call somebody from the Spill onboarding team to get you set up and answer any questions you might have.
- Hence, after the launch talk, add Spill to Slack or MS Teams, and Spill will directly message everyone on your team to onboard them.
This process may take a few days or weeks, depending on the size of your team and how quickly they respond to Spill.
Pricing Of Spill App
Spill is not free but offers different pricing plans depending on your needs. You can choose from the following:
- Starter Plan: £0 per person per month + pay-as-you-go therapy at £90 per session
- Team Plan: £5 per person per month + pay-as-you-go therapy at £65 per session
Both plans include next-day Spill therapy sessions, and easy access via the web, Slack or MS Teams. They also include various features and resources to support your team’s mental health.
The Team Plan includes proactive care with a Spill safety net and a team therapy budget. It also has a monthly contract with no yearly commitment.
Limitations Of Spill App
It may not suit people needing urgent or intensive mental health care. The spill is not a crisis service; therapy sessions are unavailable on the same day. Some more limitations of the Spill app are:
- It may not cover all the languages, time zones, and specialisms your team members may prefer or require for their therapy sessions.
- It may not be compatible with some of the existing mental health benefits or policies that your company may have.
- Your team members may need training to use Spill. They may also need awareness-raising to know what Spill can offer them.
- It may depend on the availability and reliability of internet connection, web browsers, and communication platforms such as Slack or MS Teams.
The Bottom Line
The Spill app is an innovative and convenient way to offer mental health support to employees of any company.
Additionally, this app is an excellent solution for companies that want to invest in their employees’ mental health.
Moreover, they can create a positive and supportive work environment in a company.