AI Dungeon is a text-Adventure game that creates content using Artificial Intelligence.
It is a free-to-play multiplayer game where the users create their own adventures and obstacles.
However, users are complaining that their AI Dungeon keeps crashing constantly.
While many players enjoy the game, they also have to put up with it getting crashed repeatedly.
Continue reading to learn what causes AI Dungeon to crash and some easy ways to fix the issue.
Table of Contents Show
What Is AI Dungeon?
AI Dungeon is a pioneering online game that uses next-generation technology to create a choose-your-own-adventure game based on Dungeons & Dragons.
It was first created by Nick Walton, the CEO and Co-founder of Latitude, in 2019 during a hackathon.
Lately, people are experiencing screen freeze, loading errors, black screens and even straight-out game crashes.
Causes Of AI Dungeon Crashing
- Software Bug: Due to the technology being so complex, there may be bugs in the software causing the crash. Bugs can arise from software and hardware updates.
- Hardware Issues: If your phone is less powerful, it will not handle the software properly, eventually crashing the application. Therefore, you have to ensure you have a powerful device in hand. To prevent this, it is better to play this game on a device that meets recommended hardware requirements.
- Software Disputes: Software Disputes occur if your system contains similar software as AI Dungeon. In other words, if another application or software performs the same task as AI Dungeon, it might crash. So, ensuring that any other software is not ruining your experience is important.
- Bad Input: If the user inputs something difficult for the AI to understand, the AI might not be able to perform those tasks. It could include things such as grammatically incorrect sentences, or if the user asks the AI to perform a task it cannot do.
How To Fix AI Dungeon Crashing Issue?
There are a number of reasons that could help to fix the AI Dungeon crashing issue.
1. Close Other Apps And Software
If your AI Dungeon is crashing, you can close any other software or application while using the app.
Doing this frees up space and prevents AI Dungeon from potential crashes. Moreover, save your work more often to avoid losing your progress.
2. Avoid Bad Input
You should avoid asking the AI questions out of its realm to avoid the AI Dungeon crashing issue.
You must be able to give clear and concise inputs to the AI.
A user on Quora talks about the garbage in, garbage out concept meaning bad inputs given to AI lead to bad outputs.
3. Clear Your Browser’s Cache
Your browser’s cache may also be affecting the AI Dungeon server. Hence, it is better to save your work.
The old cache and cookies on your devices can cause crashing issues in the newer version of AI Dungeon.
To do this, click on the three dots in the top right corner of your browser and go to settings, then privacy and security.
4. Reinstall the app
If the issue still persists, uninstall and reinstall the app.
Most software and hardware issues can be solved by reinstalling or reopening the application.
5. Clear The Disk Space
AI Dungeon may crash if your disk space runs over 90%.
Using disk space at an alarming rate can also create issues like crashing, black screening, and not working issues in AI Dungeon.
Therefore, check your device’s disk space before using any applications.
The Bottom Line
Overall, the AI Dungeon game is immensely popular and is accessed by numerous users on a day-to-day basis.
This high traffic increases the loads on the servers.
Again, the culmination of bugs, hardware problems and inappropriate task input by the users led to the game’s crashing.
The developers are constantly fixing the bugs and bringing new updates that will be evident in the newer versions released in the future.
Hopefully, this article provides you with a clear picture of why the game crashes.