A Beholder and a Spectator are monsters with spherical bodies and multiple eye stalks in Baldur’s Gate 3.
However, they differ in their power level and personalities.
This article discusses the Beholder and the Spectator’s strengths and weaknesses.
Table of Contents Show
The Monsters In Baldur’s Gate 3
Baldur’s Gate 3 includes powerful monsters like the Mind Flayer, Drow, Beholder and Spectator.
Two of the most iconic monsters in Baldur’s Gate 3 are the Beholder and the Spectator.
Correspondingly both are powerful monsters with various abilities but have different strengths and weaknesses.
In Baldur’s Gate 3, players can encounter both creatures, and the outcome can vary depending on the circumstances.
Who Is The Beholder In Baldur’s Gate 3?
The Beholder is a large, floating creature with a huge head and ten eyestalks and has a powerful ability that can cause fear or confusion.
The Beholder can be found in various locations, such as Underdark, the Goblin Camp, and the Sleunite Outpost.
It is a challenging enemy, and players should be prepared for a tough fight.
Who Is The Spectator In Baldur’s Gate 3?
The Spectator is a smaller and weaker version of the Beholder.
It has only four eyestalks, and its rays are less powerful.
However, the Spectator is also more intelligent than the Beholder.
It is also more likely to flee from a fight if it is outnumbered or outmatched.
The Spectator can also be seen in the exact locations as the Beholder.
It is a less challenging enemy than the Beholder, but it can still be a dangerous monster.
Beholder Vs. Spectator In Baldur’s Gate 3
The Beholder and the Spectator are most likely to fight in the Underdark.
Both the Beholder and the Spectator are natives of the Underdark.
The Underdark is a vast area full of caves and tunnels, which both monsters could use.
The fight’s outcome depends on several factors, including the level, equipment, terrain and luck of the dice.
However, in general, the Beholder would have the advantage.
The Beholder is more significant, stronger, and has more powerful abilities.
But, you should also not underestimate the Spectator.
The Spectator can defeat the Beholder if it is lucky and is well prepared.
How To Defeat The Beholder?
Players can find Beholder in the Underdark region of the game.
You can usually spot the Beholder in a fight where you, the Beholder and the Drow are present.
Both the Beholder and the Drow attack you, and the Drow attacks the Beholder while the Beholder attacks the Drow.
To Defeat the Beholder, you will need:
- Astarion, a companion character
- Your ranger’s spider
- All characters in a similar range
Here’s a step-by-step guide to defeating the Beholder:
- Firstly, you must sneak Astarion so the character remains hidden among the Beholder and the Drow.
- Then, send one of your ranger’s spiders to combat.
- For some reason, the Beholder misses your spider and attacks only the Drow.
- The Drow attacks your spider and the Beholder.
- Then, the Beholder loses almost half his life from the attack.
- Now becomes the perfect time to sneak the Astarion and kill the Beholder.
- Also, a player can kill the remaining Drow by the Astarion as well.
How To Defeat The Spectator?
You can defeat the Spectator and easily complete your goal using the Iron Flask.
Similarly, you can throw the Iron Flask from a high range.
Then after, the Beholder comes out of the flask to kill all the monsters.
However, whenever the Iron Flask is not available, you can follow the following steps:
- Always maintain a distance of a minimum of 20 feet during combat.
- The Spectator will charm the Dhourn and the Drow so that all will start attacking you.
- So, firstly you will need to break the charm and turn the Dhourn ad the Drow into friendly allies.
- To break the charm, you will have to attack both monsters once.
- The broken charm changes the balance of the Spectator’s attack.
- Therefore, the Spectator gets overwhelmed and can easily be defeated with the help of the Dhorn and the Drow.
The Bottom Line
The Beholder and the Spectator are both one of the most memorable monsters of Baldur’s Gate 3.
Beholder is the large floating creature with a huge head and ten eyestalks, while the Spectator is a smaller version of him.
Players can use different methods to defeat these creatures in the game.