Baldur’s Gate 3 immerses the players in the world of sacrifice, survival, betrayal and many more.
The Knights of the Shield is a group of characters with a secret place to stay.
This article will discuss the Knights of the Shields, their hideout and the Emperor’s old hideout.
Table of Contents Show
Who Are The Knights Of The Shield?
The Knights of the Shield are a group of information dealers and political manipulators in Baldur’s Gate 3.
In addition, this group is hired by the Mind Flayer to capture and experiment on tadpoles.
A Ginthiyaki, named Lae’zal, is their leader who can be your companion in the game.
Furthermore, they are a group of ruthless warriors who can do anything to complete their mission.
Also, very little is known about their true goal in the story.
They guard the door to the Emperor’s Old Hideout in the game.
Where Is Emperor’s Old Hideout?
The Emperor’s old hideout is the former home of the Mindflayer Emperor.
The hideout is abandoned but was used for experiments on tadpoles.
The Mindflayer used the hideout to control the infections in tadpoles.
Furthermore, you can still find the Emperor’s old belongings and experiment scrolls.
How To Find The Knights Of The Shield Hideout In BG3?
The Knights of the Shields hideout is in the Underdark, where the group guards the Emperor’s old hideout.
Here is a step-by-step process to get to the Knights of the Shields hideout:
- Firstly, fund the Emperor’s Old Hideout quest on the map.
- Now, visit the Elfsong Tavern in the area.
- The Elfsong Tavern looks like a normal building with many non-playable characters but carries many secrets.
- Furthermore, go to the basement of the Elfsong Tavern.
- There, you will see a colony of rats guarding the door.
- You have to commence battle and defeat all of them to go further.
- After defeating the rats, you can see two huge locked wine racks.
- To unlock those doors, go to the room on the far left with the bookshelves.
- You can see a button to unlock those wine cellars on the right wall.
- Go through the wine cellar and another double door.
- Finally, you have reached the Knights of the Shields hideout.
After reaching the Knights of the Shields hideout, a cutscene will appear.
There, you will interact with “Ch’ra’i Har’rak” about your intentions.
Moreover, this interaction lets you know a little about their ruthless nature.
How To Complete The Emperor’s Old Hideout Quest?
The Emperor’s Old Hideout lies in another secret room after the Knights of the Shields hideout.
To be able to complete this quest, follow these steps:
- Complete all the steps from above and get to the Knights of the Shields hideout.
- Interact with the Knights of the Shield group and defeat them in a battle.
- Defeating the Knights of the Shield is difficult, so prepare yourselves.
- After defeating the group, search the room to find a statue.
- Behind the statue lies a wall, which can be unlocked through the button on the right.
- Inside the wall is the Emperor’s old hideout.
The Emperor’s Old Hideout quest provides no beneficial rewards or benefits.
However, it does provide information about his previous experiments and gives better direction to the story.
The Bottom Line
Knights of the Shield area group of information dealers and ruthless warriors.
To get to the Knights of the Shield hideout in BG3, the player should go to the basement of the Elfsong Tavern.
Therefore, there are many mysteries and battles to get to the hideout.
So take notes from the above steps and commence your batter today.