If you are a fan of modding your games, you probably have heard of CurseForge, one of the biggest mod repositories in the world.
However, sometimes you may encounter a frustrating issue when launching the app.
It gets stuck on “Forging your library,” and nothing moves forward.
This article will explain this issue, its causes, and how to solve it with simple steps.
Table of Contents Show
Causes Of CurseForge Stuck On Forging Your Library Issue
CurseForge is a popular app that allows you to download and manage mods and mod packs for games like Minecraft.
This can prevent you from accessing your mods and playing your games.
It usually happens when you launch the app for the first time or add or remove a game or mod.
Sometimes, it can take a long time or get stuck, which can be frustrating for users.
You can find some possible causes for this issue below.
- A bug or glitch
- Unstable or slow internet
- A Firewall or ISP issue
- Conflict with another app
- Outdated or corrupted app or installer
- A large number of mod packs take a long time to load
How To Fix The CurseForge Stuck On Forging Your Library Issue?
Forging Your Library is a common issue many users have faced with CurseForge.
You can try possible solutions to fix the CurseForge stuck on the “Forging your Library” issue.
1. Reboot/Uninstall Curseforge
Sometimes rebooting or relaunching Curseforge helps you sort out the issue related to it.
You can uninstall the CurseForge app and download it from the official website.
This can help fix corrupted files or settings that may cause the app to malfunction.
Here are some general steps for uninstalling and reinstalling an app on Windows.
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu or by typing control panel in the search box.
- Select Programs and Features under Programs.
- Find CurseForge in the list of installed programs and right-click on it.
- Now, select Uninstall to remove it from your computer.
- Go to your Downloads folder and delete the CurseInstaller file if you still have it.
- Again go to the official website and download the CurseForge installer for your operating system.
- Finally, run the installer and follow the instructions to install it on your device.
2. Use VPN
Your ISP may be blocking access to CurseForge’s content server, which causes the app to get stuck on Forging Your Library.
You can use a VPN to access CurseForge. To use it, you must connect to a virtual private network that can bypass any restrictions.
A VPN can help you access your region’s online content that is otherwise unavailable or censored.
Here are some general steps for using a VPN on Windows.
- Choose a VPN service that suits your needs and budget.
- Download and install the VPN app from the VPN provider’s website or an app store.
- You may need to create an account or sign in with your existing credentials.
- Now, launch the VPN app and select a server location to which you want to connect.
- Wait for the VPN app to establish a secure connection with the server.
- Finally, open CurseForge and see if you can access its content server without issues.
3. Using A Different Launcher
You can use a different launcher, such as Multi MC or GDLauncher.
You need to download and install another program to manage your Minecraft mod packs and launch them without using CurseForge.
This can help you avoid any problems CurseForge may have with its servers or updates.
Here are some general steps for using a different launcher on Windows.
- Download and install the launcher from its official website or an app store. You may need to create an account or sign in with your existing credentials.
- Launch the launcher and add your Minecraft account details if needed. You may also need to specify your Minecraft installation folder or Java path.
- Now, browse or search for mod packs you want to play and download them through the launcher. You can also import mod packs from CurseForge or other sources if compatible with the launcher.
- Finally, select a mod pack from your list and click on Play to launch it.
4. Contact Customer Support
If none of the above fixes work for you, you can submit a support ticket to CurseForge and explain your issue.
Similarly, they might be able to help you fix it or provide more information.
Here you can follow the steps below to submit a support ticket to CurseForge.
- Go to the CurseForge support website and click on the Request Support button.
- You will be redirected to a page where you can fill out a form with your details and issue.
- Click the Submit button at the bottom after completing the form.
Then, you will receive a confirmation email with your ticket number and a link to view your ticket status.
Additionally, you can view your tickets by clicking on the My Tickets button at the top right corner of the CurseForge support website.
Alternatively, you can check the CurseForge forums or Reddit for more help from other users who may have faced the same issue.
The Bottom Line
Forging Your Library is one of the annoying issues which can be frustrating and ruin your gaming experience.
Hopefully, the above fixes will help you resolve the problem and enjoy your modded Minecraft experience.
Happy gaming, build, explore and survive in a Pixelated world.