Many students are experiencing the problem of the FAFSA create account feature not working.
As a result, many users are experiencing issues with grants, loans, and scholarships.
Here we discuss the problems encountered by the students while filling out the FAFSA form.
Table of Contents Show
What Is FAFSA?
FAFSA, standing for Free Application for Federal Student Aid, is a financial aid provided to students.
Through this free application form, students can be granted aid for their further studies.
In addition, students must answer a series of questions while filling up the FAFSA form.
Also, it takes most students less than an hour to finish filling up the FAFSA form.
Furthermore, your information will determine your eligibility for Federal Student Aid.
Additionally, many states will also determine your eligibility for State Financial Aid.
There are four main types of financial aid that you be able to get your hands on.
- Work-Study Funds
- Student Loans
During the completion of the FAFSA form, you can pick up to 20 schools to receive your information.
Furthermore, each school will send you an offer with the aid offer available to you at the time.
This financial aid can help you afford school or college and can be a helping hand for your career.
Why Is FAFSA Create Account Not Working?
Many students have been trying to fill out the FAFSA form to get the financial aid of 2024-2025.
However, they have encountered many problems regarding account creation, FSA ID, and more.
Students have been taking to discussion platforms such as Reddit to voice their difficulties.
Also, websites like DownDetector by Ookla provide information about the reported outage of a site.
We can see from the image the number of problems students encounter just in 24 hours.
However, a user explained how their mother’s account was also necessary and this was causing the problem.
So, ensure you have all the requirements and necessary documents ready before filling out the application form.
Here are everything you need to get started on the FAFSA form.
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Alien Registration number if you are an eligible non-citizen.
- Federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records
- A FAFSA account (Create a FAFSA account before filling out the form)
Now, let’s look at some important points while filling out the FAFSA form.
- Create an account and get your FSA ID and your digital signature.
- You and your parents must have separate FSAs id’s for the form signature.
- You will encounter three types of questions: personal information, financial information, and legal parent information.
- Apply for at least 10 schools even if you have not applied or been accepted to the school.
- You can also print and mail the FAFSA form and also get your school’s help.
Moreover, these steps may help you to fill out your FAFSA form in the future.
Possible Solutions To The FAFSA Form Problem
So, if you’re still facing problems with the FAFSA form here are some measures you can take.
- Prepare every document and requirement before filling out the application form.
- Double-check and see if you may have missed anything causing the buffer in the website.
- Even though this might be a long shot, check your Internet connection and see if it’s running and stable.
- Furthermore, check on websites like DownDetector to confirm if the FAFSA website is down.
- You might just have to wait and try another day to fill out the application form.
- You can also talk with the Financial Aid counselor at your school for any help.
Hence, use all this information to solve your FAFSA application problems hopefully.
Also, make sure to keep the FAFSA application form submission deadline in mind.
The deadline for the form is 12:59 PM EST on June 30, 2025, while correction can be done no later than September 14, 2025.
The Bottom Line
The FAFSA form is a financial aid application form that students can complete to get financial aid.
FAFSA can help you with your further studies and, eventually, your career growth as well.
So, fill out the FAFSA form and voice any problems you face to your counselor or official authority.