In Helldivers 2, players are facing the GameGuard 1013 error indicating it has detected suspicious activity on their system.
However, this is leading it to terminate the game session and display the error message.
Dealing with anti-cheat errors can disrupt the gaming experience and prevent players from enjoying the game as intended.
Continue reading more about the Helldivers 2 GameGuard 1013 error.
Table of Contents Show
What Is GameGuard In Helldivers 2?
GameGuard is an anti-cheat software often used in online multiplayer games to prevent players from cheating.
In Helldivers 2, GameGuard operates in the background while the game is running, actively scanning for cheats or hacks.
Helldiverse 2 GameGuard is a “nProtect”, an anti-cheating rootkit however, most anti-cheat run at this, especially all of the popular ones.
Hence, the nProtect anti-cheat driver is software that runs at the core of a computer’s operating system.
Moreover, it prevents players from using unauthorized third-party software to gain an unfair advantage.
By running at the nProtect level, GameGuard in Helldivers 2 can intercept low-level operations that could indicate the presence of cheats.
GameGuard Error Code 1013
Many players on social media and online forums mention that they are facing random crashes in Helldivers 2.
However, players are frustrated and are in chaos as they are not being able to tackle this issue.
The issue mentions that they are facing this for violating the terms and conditions of the game.
However, this terrible excuse for an anti-cheat gives an error code of 1013, detecting suspicious activity.
Hence, among the community, Helldivers 2 has courted controversy and unhappiness for choosing to use nProtect GameGuard.
An issue where the anti-cheat completely prevents them from playing the game entirely is triggering them.
Causes Of GameGuard Error Code 1013
Sometimes players will face this kind of issue with GameGuard because of the interference of Firewall and antivirus software.
Moreover, GameGuard, like many anti-cheat systems, operates at a low level within the system.
This sometimes interprets legitimate software or drivers as potential threats or unauthorized modifications.
Hence, this can lead to false positives and cause issues such as crashes or error messages in games like Helldivers 2.
How To Fix Helldivers 2 Crashing Error?
Common fixes like reinstalling the game, restarting the desktop and router and fiddling with admin rights haven’t resolved the problem.
However, as mentioned, Firewall and antivirus software can sometimes interfere with the proper functioning of anti-cheat systems.
This will lead to issues such as crashes or error messages in games like Helldivers 2.
However, players can follow these instructions to resolve the issue within their PC’s firewall and antivirus software
- Navigate to Helldivers 2 Folder: Go to the directory where Helldivers 2 is installed on your PC. Typically, this is found in the “Program Files” directory.
- Access the “bin” Folder: Within the Helldivers 2 folder, locate the “bin” folder and open it.
- Delete Existing GameGuard Folder: Inside the “bin” folder, find the folder named “GameGuard” and delete it.
- Run Helldivers 2 Executable: Launch the Helldivers 2 game by running the base program executable file (.exe).
- Note Folder Path: Take note of the path to the newly created GameGuard folder.
- Add GameGuard Folder to Antivirus Whitelist: Add the specific folder to your antivirus whitelist to ensure that it is not blocked or interfered with by the antivirus software.
- Restart Helldivers 2: Restart Helldivers 2, the game should now run properly without interference from antivirus software or firewall settings.
However, deleting the existing GameGuard folder will ensure that a fresh version of the GameGuard folder is created.