Johnny Cage is a new fictional character in the Mortal Kombat fighting game series.
Moreover, he is a well-known martial artist who uses Karate as his fighting style.
This article discusses Johnny Cage in Mortal Kombat 1 and his fighting style in the game.
Table of Contents Show
Introduction To Johnny Cage
Johnny Cage is one of the playable characters in Mortal Kombat 1.
He is a martial artist and action movie star who defends Earthrealm from evil powers.
Moreover, he made his arcade debut in 1992 as one of the original Mortal Kombat characters.
Johnny Cage has new moves and powers in Mortal Kombat 1, including a new appearance.
Jean-Claude Van Damme, the character’s initial inspiration, provided his voice and modeling.
Additionally, he has a unique skin similar to Van Damme’s appearance in the film Bloodsport.
Johnny Cage uses a variety of weapons, including brass knuckles, nunchaku, and a pistol, in his combat technique, which is based on Karate and Jeet Kune Do.
In Mortal Kombat 1, he travels back in time with Raiden and other fighters to stop Shang Tsung from altering history and unleashing a dark force that threatens all realms.
Furthermore, along the way, he meets his ancestors and other ancient warriors who will shape the future of Mortal Kombat.
Janet Cage is the female counterpart of Johnny Cage, the famous action movie star and martial artist.
She has the same fighting style and moves as Johnny Cage but with some differences in appearance and personality.
Additionally, she has a special skin that features Jean-Claude Van Damme as her likeness and voice.
Fighting Style Of Johnny Cage In Mortal Kombat 1
Johnny Cage in Mortal Kombat 1 has a new set of moves and abilities and a new look.
Some of Johnny Cage’s fighting style and signature moves are:
1. Jeet Kune Do and Karate: Johnny Cage employs these combative styles to deliver lightning-quick punches and kicks.
2. Weapons: Moreover, Johnny Cage employs a handgun, nunchaku, and brass knuckles to increase his damage and range.
3. Shadow Kick: Johnny Cage delivers a kicking motion that slides and leaves a green trail in its wake. Also, this technique can hit low or mid and go a considerable distance.
4. Shadow Uppercut: Johnny Cage strikes his opponent with an uppercut that sends them flying. This move can be employed as a combo opener or an anti-air move.
5. Nut Punch: Johnny Cage strikes the target low in the groin, briefly knocking them out cold. Also, this move can be utilized to prolong combos or punish opponents for blocking.
6. Split Kick: Johnny Cage kicks his opponent in the face after performing a split. Additionally, this move can hit high or low depending on which button is touched.
7. Thumbs Up: Johnny Cage gives the camera the thumbs up to mock the adversary. Also, this technique will increase his hype level, fluctuating based on how long he holds each stance.
Johnny Cage’s Fatalities
Johnny Cage has two Fatalities in Mortal Kombat 1, which are as follows:
1. Hollywood Walk of Pain
Johnny Cage moves the opponent a few feet ahead while live-streaming to his followers.
After that, he takes a selfie with their dismembered corpse after smashing their face into a star-shaped plaque with their name.
Close-range combatants can use this Fatality by punching back, down, forth, and back.
2. Car Smash
Johnny Cage kicks the adversary through the sports car’s glass and then throws open the door to cause them to exit.
After that, he slams the door shut, splitting them in half, and speeds off in the automobile.
The vehicle then detonates and explodes in the distance.
Players can use this fatality using a forward, down, back, and back at a medium distance.
The Bottom Line
Johnny Cage is a star in Mortal Kombat 1, both on and off the screen.
He is voiced by Jean-Claude Van Damme, who inspired his creation.
Additionally, he has new moves, looks, and skills. Moreover, he joins Raiden in a time-traveling adventure to save the realms.
Johnny Cage is a loyal, witty, and robust fighter who can fight and crack jokes and is a fan-favorite character.