Geyser is a great way to expand your Minecraft server community and enjoy the game with more players.
But sometimes, Geyser can cause errors that prevent players from connecting, such as the Outdated Geyser Proxy Error.
This article will explain what this error means, what causes it, and how to fix it.
Table of Contents Show
Causes Of Outdated Geyser Proxy Error
Geyser is a proxy, bridging the gap between Minecraft: Bedrock Edition and Minecraft: Java Edition servers.
Geyser can be installed on your server as a plugin or run as a standalone proxy.
An Outdated Geyser Proxy is a common error that some users encounter when trying to connect to a Minecraft server that uses Geyser.
The error means that the GeyserMC plugin on the server is not updated to the latest version, that the Bedrock client is not updated to the latest version or both.
Here are some of the possible reasons for the Outdated Geyser Proxy error.
- The GeyserMC plugin on the server is not updated to the latest version.
- The Bedrock client is not updated to the latest version.
- The server and the client are running incompatible versions of Minecraft and GeyserMC.
How To Fix Outdated Geyser Proxy Error?
You can check the log when you try to connect to see if you are reaching the server or not.
Ensure you use the correct port and address for Geyser on your Bedrock client.
Here are the possible fixes for the Outdated Geyser Proxy error in Minecraft.
1. Check The Compatibility Of Minecraft And GeyserMC
You must ensure that both the server and the client run compatible versions of Minecraft and GeyserMC.
To check the compatibility of the server and the client versions, you need to look at the GeyserMC log when you try to connect.
It will tell you which Bedrock versions are supported by the server.
You can also check the Minecraft Wiki for the latest version information.
Alternatively, you can use VIAaaS(ViaVersion as a Service) to connect to older servers.
2. Download The Latest GeyserMC Plugin
An Outdated Geyser Proxy error is a common issue that occurs when the Geyser plugin or the server is not updated to the latest version of Minecraft Bedrock.
To update the GeyserMC plugin on the server, you need to stop the server and download the latest GeyserMC jar file from their GitHub page.
After downloading the plugin, you can place it in your plugin folder.
Moreover, ensure there are no other geyser jars and start the server back up.
You can follow the steps below to update Geyser Proxy to the latest version.
- Navigate to the Geyser root directory.
- Run git submodule update –init –recursive. This command downloads all the needed submodules for Geyser and is a crucial step in this process.
- Run gradlew build and locate to bootstrap/build folder. Make sure Velocity/BungeeCord is up-to-date.
- If you’re running the backend servers on an older version than the current 1.20, you can use the plugin ViaVersion.
Similarly, to update the Bedrock client, you must check for updates on your device and install them if available.
Alternatively, you can uninstall and reinstall the Minecraft app if that doesn’t work.
The Bottom Line
The Outdated Geyser Proxy error is a common issue that affects many Minecraft players who use the Geyser plugin to connect to Bedrock servers.
By following these steps, you should be able to resolve this error and enjoy playing Minecraft with your friends on different platforms.
May you build amazing things and survive the night, Happy Minecrafting!