The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is an action-packed RPG (Role Playing Game) developed by Nintendo.
The game is the 2023 iteration of the Zelda IP.
Furthermore, while items are re-obtainable, items can also be eligible for repair through interaction with certain NPCs.
Continue reading to learn why Rock Octorok is not repairing items and how you can fix it.
Table of Contents Show
What Are Octoroks?
The Octorok is a monster first introduced in The Legend of Zelda game series. Additionally, Rock Octorok is a variation of the Octorok monster.
However, Rock Octorok is a monster first introduced in the Skyward Sword.
Thus, between the original introduction of Octorok and Rock Octorok, nearly 13 game titles differ. However, the Octoroks return in the Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
Octoroks typically do not attack the players. However, if the players show aggression, the Octoroks will retaliate.
Moreover, since the introduction of Rock Octoroks, players have used the monster to repair their gears.
Additionally, players have also noticed when Rock Octoroks consume a rusty item. They spit it out in a pristine condition.
However, the weapon can be of any type matching the weapon type.
Here is a table for a better understanding;
|Rusty Broad Sword||1. Traveler's Sword
2. Soldier's Sword
3. Knight's Sword
4. Royal Sword
|Rusty Claymore||1. Traveler's Claymore
2. Soldier's Claymore
3. Knight's Claymore
4. Royal Claymore
|Rusty Halberd||1. Traveler's Spear
2. Soldier's Spear
3. Knight's Halberd
4. Royal Halberd
|Rusty Shield||1. Traveler's Shield
2. Soldier's Shield
3. Knight's Shield
4. Royal Shield
Furthermore, players use the Rock Octorok to change the effects possessed by the items.
However, the Rock Octoroks have limitations; they cannot repair Legendary Gear. But, there is a workaround to this limitation.
Why Is Rock Octorok Not Repairing?
There can be a few reasons why a Rock Octorok is not repairing your gear. Here are some of them;
- First, if you are trying to repair a legendary item directly, the Rock Octorok will not be able to repair it.
- If you have already repaired an item from the Rock Octorok, it will not repair a new item.
- Rock Octoroks can repair only one item per spawn.
- Additionally, the Rock Octorok will not repair an item if it has not been defeated after repairing one before.
How To Repair Legendary Weapons?
Legendary weapons are not as easily repaired as normal weapons. Additionally, Rock Octoroks do not repair Legendary weapons, either.
However, certain Legendary Weapons, such as the Scimitar, can be bought from NPCs after they break.
Here are the steps to repair any Legendary Item;
- Fuse the Legendary item with any normal item.
- Head to the area where you can Find Rock Octoroks, such as Eldin Canyon or Death Mountain.
- Drop the fused item in front of the Rock Octorok.
- The Rock Octorok will suck the fused item and throw it back with total durability.
- Finally, take the item to the Break-A-Part in Tarrey Town
- Pay a fee of 20-rupee to the NPC and remove the repaired Legendary item from the fused normal item.
The Bottom Line
Mechanics in a game can be confusing to understand. However, guides from various other players make the gameplay experience even better.
Hopefully, this article has helped you understand why Rock Octoroks are not repairing the items and how you can repair them again.