After the recent Sony Pictures Core launch, many users faced the app not working issue globally.
Sony Pictures Core is a popular streaming app, but like any other technology, it is also prone to defects that affect its performance.
Continue reading to learn how to fix the Sony Picture Core not working issue.
Table of Contents Show
- Common Issues Faced by Sony Pictures Core Users
- Tips To Fix Sony Picture Core Not Working Issue
- The Bottom Line
Common Issues Faced by Sony Pictures Core Users
Here are some common issues faced by Sony Pictures Core users;
- White Screen Error: Many users run into a white screen that appears with Random Numbers in Brackets when trying to access the app.
- Plain Black Screen: Some users complain that they come across a plain black screen that pops up when trying to use the app.
- Stuck on a Loading Screen: Some users get stuck on a loading screen while accessing the app’s content.
- Invalid Territory Error: Certain users have received an Invalid Territory error message that says a geographical restriction issue.
- Cannot Connect to Server Issue: This is another common issue that revokes access to the app’s functionality among its users.
- Invalid Email Error: Even though the user enters the correct email address, an Invalid Email error appears and auto-populates from their PSN account.
- Loading Screen Hang: After agreeing to terms and attempting to log in, users have reported seeing a spinning circle/loading screen that hangs indefinitely.
- Frequent PlayStation Network Logouts: Users have noted frequent logouts from the PlayStation Network when using the Sony Pictures Core app.
Tips To Fix Sony Picture Core Not Working Issue
If you’re experiencing issues with Sony Pictures Core not working, here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem:
1. Check The Internet Connection
First, go and check whether your device has a stable connection to the internet.
Streaming service like Sony Pictures Core needs a strong internet connection to work smoothly.
You can opt for a wired connection if you have a poor internet connection since it provides better reliability.
Alternatively, you can move closer to the router on Wi-Fi or take data.
2. Update The Sony Pictures Core App
You must ensure your device has the latest Sony Pictures Core App version.
Furthermore, outdated apps can trigger various problems, including compatibility issues.
Hence, Sony developers keep fixing the bugs and trying to enhance the app’s performance through new app updates.
Thus, updating the Sony Core App can resolve the issues you might face, like white or black screens.
3. Restart the App
If you’re encountering issues with the Sony Pictures Core app, you can first try to Restart the App.
Restarting resolves minor bugs, so all you have to do is close the app completely and reopen it.
4. Restart Your Device
Sometimes, a simple task such as restarting your device is likely to eliminate glitches like the app’s black or white screen issues.
Furthermore, restarting your device can fix underlying issues by refreshing its system and memory.
As simple as that, switch off your device and then turn it back on to see if this solves the problem.
5. Check For Service Outages
Streaming services like Sony Pictures Core can occasionally run into downtime or technical issues due to significant internet traffic.
Thus, you can visit the official Sony Pictures website to learn about technical issues that might be affecting the app.
Otherwise, you can also check social media channels to see any reported service outages to confirm the app is not working.
Meanwhile, if you are not the only one facing the issue of the app not working, you must wait for Sony Pictures to fix it.
6. Clear Cache And Data
The Sony Pictures Core encounters glitches like playback or performance issues, especially if the cache and data are congested or corrupted.
So, if you clear all the Sony Core cached data on your mobile, it will reset the app in its initial state and user-specific settings.
However, understand that you may lose app preferences after clearing the app’s cached data, so you must re-download the content.
You can follow the guide below to clear cache and data for the Sony Pictures Core app on both Android and iOS devices:
- On Android: Go to Settings > Apps > Sony Pictures Core > Storage > Clear Cache and Clear Data.
- On iOS: Uninstall the app, then reinstall it from the App Store.
7. Check for Updates (Smart TV/Streaming Devices)
Sony Picture Core might not work on Smart TVs or streaming devices with outdated firmware.
Head to your device settings to inspect for system updates, as outdated firmware can cause compatibility issues with streaming apps.
Besides, Sony Pictures Core is a newly released app, so it may require regular updates to work correctly.
8. Disable VPN OR Proxy
Your Sony Picture Core might not work and face glitches if you use a VPN or proxy service to access it.
This is because streaming services like Sony Picture Core may block access when they detect the use of VPNs.
Hence, turn off your VPN or proxy that you’re currently using to check whether the problem has subsided.
9. Try Another Device
Sometimes, Sony Picture Core stops working on a specific device or account.
Hence, you can try accessing the Sony Core app from a different smartphone, tablet, computer etc, to troubleshoot the issue
10. Contact Sony Pictures Support
If none of the above steps work, please contact Sony Pictures support for further assistance.
Moreover, the support team will provide specialized guidelines based on the situation you currently are in.
Hence, collaborate with the support team by sharing complete details about your device, operating system, and any error messages.
The Bottom Line
Sony Pictures Core is an entertaining app, so it is likely to get frustrated if it is not working smoothly.
You can try the fixes in this article to solve the non-working issue and enjoy the versatility of the app.
If the issue is still not fixed, wait for the response from Sony by following their social platforms or checking the website.