Making a choice can change the ending and fate of a player’s Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty playthrough.
Deciding what to choose, Bertaying Reed or Songbird, can lead to two different endings, so which to choose?
Continue reading to learn if you should Betray Reed or Songbird in Cyberpunk 2077.
Table of Contents Show
Who Is Reed In Cyberpunk 2077?
In Cyberpunk 2077, Solomon Reed is a NUSA Federal Intelligence Agency agent.
He is represented by and modeled after actor Idris Elba.
The First encounter you will have with Reed is when Myer asks you to contact him through analog telephone.
After that, Reed aids Myers in escaping Dogtown.
Also, he helps you and Alex to rescue Songbird from the Hansen’s grasp.
Who Is Songbird In Cyberpunk 2077?
Songbird is a hidden second antagonist in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty.
Furthermore, she works as an intelligence analyst for the NUSA.
She enlisted to assist V in rescuing Myers from an accidental crash in Dogtown.
As for the help, Myers promises to cure V’s illness.
Songbird and Reed were shown in the trailer for Phantom Liberty expansion.
While Songbirds assists Reed to get out of Night City.
However, she didn’t assist when Reed was attacked while boarding the train.
Seven years later, they run at each other even during Phantom Liberty.
Betray Reed Or Songbird: What Should You Choose?
Betraying Reed Or Songbird this decision is entirely up to you.
This decision you will encounter around the end phase of the Phantom Liberty quest line.
Furthermore, you have to make the first decision in the Firestarter mission.
Then, According to your decision, you will get a different mission, The Killing Moon and Somewhat Damaged.
The Killing Moon is the mission if you decide to Betray Reed.
Choosing to betray Songbird results in you receiving a Somewhat Damaged Mission.
With that, here are the explanations of who you should betray in Cyberpunk;
1. What Happens If You Betray Reed?
If you decide to side with Songbird and Betray Reed In Firestarter Mission.
Here are the consequences you will face;
- You will save Alex’s life and receive The Killing Moon as your final mission.
- The Songbird confesses that only one cure is meant for her.
- If you decide to keep helping Songbird at the end of The Killing Moon.
- You will encounter Reed near the rocked ship, giving you one last chance to hand Songbird over.
- If you refuse, you need to kill Reed.
- Songbird will board the rocket and fly to the moon, and you won’t hear from her again.
- You do not even get a base story ending of Cyberpunk 2077.
- This decision provides one of the deadly endings for Reed and V’s hope for a cure from the FIA.
2. What Happens If You Betray Songbird?
If you choose to Betray Songbird or side with Reed,
Here are a few consequences you may face;
- If you make this decision, Alex dies, and you are given some missions, such as ‘Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos,’ ‘Somewhat Damaged,’ and ‘Leave in Silence.’
- You even see the Songbird’s past events and tell you she has been lying to you the whole time about the cure.
- You can hand her over to Reed after you and Songbird get off the train traveling to the rock ship.
- Reed will carry her into the FIA chopper.
- You will also get to make a deal with Reed to use them on yourself.
In Final Mission, no one gets a happy ending in Phantom Liberty.
Therefore, you might have difficulty deciding who to side with, Reed or Songbird.
However, the best option is to Betray Songbird and let Reed keep her.
This gives you access to the base ending; everyone will get a happy ending.
The Bottom Line
Betraying Reed or Songbird is one of the critical decisions you must make for the game’s end phase.
While Betraying Reed can help Songbird be free. But you won’t get the base ending.
Another flip side is that Betraying Songbird provides V’s illness cure and the new base ending of Phantom Liberty.