If you are looking for a challenge and a reward in Enshrouded, you might want to try the Morning Grind quest.
It is a quest that requires you to find a hidden chest under the floorboards of a grindmill, using bombs, rubble, and fog as clues.
The chest contains some of the most valuable items in the game, including a legendary weapon.
Continue reading to learn how to complete the Morning Grind quest.
Table of Contents Show
The Morning Grind In Enshrouded
The Morning Grind is the quest in Enshrouded, where you have to find a hidden chest under the floorboards in Willow Crush.
Follow the steps below to complete the quest:
1. Find Willow Crush
To get to Willow Crush, travel south from the bridge and follow the road until you see a signpost pointing to the grindmill.
You can also fast-travel to Willow Crush if you have unlocked it as a waypoint.
2. Enter The Basement
To enter the basement of Willow Crush, you need to find a door near the entrance that leads to a staircase.
The door is marked with a sign that says “Basement.”
Once you open the door, you will see a staircase that goes down to the basement.
Be careful, as there might be some enemies lurking in the dark.
You can use a torch or a lantern to light up the way. The basement is where the hidden chest is located.
3. Rubble Pile And The Greyish Area
To spot the rubble pile and the greyish area on the floor, pay close attention to the details in the basement of Willow Crush.
The rubble pile is a small heap of stones and wood that looks slightly different from the rest of the floor.
However, the greyish area is a subtle patch of discolored floorboards that hints at the chest’s location.
These clues are not very obvious, so you may need to look carefully or use a torch to illuminate the area.
4. Use Bombs
You need to use bombs to blast open the floor and reveal the chest, you need to follow these steps:
- Equip the bomb rune by pressing the R button on your controller.
- Select the square bomb by pressing the left or right button on the D-pad.
- Press the L button to throw the bomb near the rubble pile and the greyish area on the floor.
- Further, press the L button again to detonate the bomb and break the floor.
- Repeat the process until the chest is visible.
- Finally, open the chest and claim your reward.
How To Find Bombs?
You can find bombs in the nearby crates or barrels by breaking them with your weapon or another bomb.
You can also craft bombs yourself if you have the materials.
To craft bombs, you need to:
- Open the inventory menu by pressing the X button on your controller.
- Select the crafting tab by pressing the R button on the D-pad.
- Select the bomb icon by pressing the left or right button on the D-pad.
- Press the A button to craft a bomb if you have enough materials. You need one metal scrap and one gunpowder for each bomb.
5. Grab The Chest Quickly
When you blast open the floor and see the chest, run toward it and press the A button on your controller to interact with it.
You will see a loot menu with the items inside the chest.
Thus, press the A button again to take all the items.
Alternatively, use the D-pad to select the ones you want and press the A button to take them individually.
You must do this within a few seconds, as the chest will vanish shortly.
Further, you can see a timer on the top of your screen that shows how much time you have left.
If you miss the chest, you can exit the game and reload your save to try again. The chest will reset and you can repeat the process.