PC gamers wonder whether Granblue Fantasy Relink will support ultrawide monitors to enhance their cinematic gaming experience.
Furthermore, some players believe that the ultrawide support will come either officially or as a mod soon.
Continue reading more about does Granblue Fantasy Relink supports an ultrawide monitor on PC.
Table of Contents Show
Granblue Fantasy Relink Sky Adventure
Granblue Fantasy Relink is a highly anticipated action RPG based on the popular mobile game Granblue Fantasy.
The game features a vast fantasy world, a rich story, and a diverse cast of characters.
Granblue Fantasy Relink was released on February 1, 2024, for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and PC via Steam.
The game also supports Steam Deck, Valve’s upcoming handheld PC gaming device.
The game’s Steam page states that Granblue Fantasy Relink is Steam Deck Verified, meaning it has been tested for the device.
It supports cross-save between the PlayStation and PC versions, so you can switch between platforms without losing your progress.
The game also supports online co-op multiplayer, where you can team up with up to three other players and explore the world together.
However, the multiplayer mode is not cross-platform, so you can only play with people who have the same game version as you.
What Are The Ultrawide Formats And Specifications?
Ultrawide monitors come in different sizes and resolutions, with a wider aspect ratio than the standard 16:9.
The most common ultrawide format is 21:9, which is equivalent to the cinematic aspect ratio used in movies.
Some examples of 21:9 resolutions are 2560×1080, 3440×1440, and 5120×2160.
Another ultrawide format is 32:9, which is essentially two 16:9 monitors side by side.
This format offers an even wider field of view but also requires more powerful hardware to run smoothly.
Some examples of 32:9 resolutions are 3840×1080, 5120×1440, and 7680×2160.
Ultrawide monitors also have different refresh rates, determining how many times the screen updates per second.
Higher refresh rates result in smoother and more responsive gameplay but also demand more performance from the GPU.
Some ultrawide monitors have refresh rates of 60Hz, 75Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 144Hz, or even 240Hz.
However, not all games have built-in support for ultrawide resolutions natively.
Some games may have black bars on the sides, stretched or cropped images, or UI issues when played on ultrawide monitors.
This can ruin the aesthetic and gameplay of the game, and frustrate the players who invested in an ultrawide monitor.
Does Granblue Fantasy Relink Support Ultrawide Monitor On PC?
Unfortunately, Granblue Fantasy Relink does not support ultrawide monitors on PC.
The game is optimized for 16:9 displays and will have black bars on the sides if played on an ultrawide monitor.
This is disappointing for many fans who were hoping to play the game on their ultrawide setups.
Some have expressed frustration and dissatisfaction on various online platforms, such as Reddit and Steam.
Some of the reasons why Granblue Fantasy Relink does not support ultrawide monitors are:
- The game is primarily designed for consoles, which have a standard 16:9 aspect ratio.
- The PC version is likely a port of the console version, and may not have the resources or the time to implement ultrawide support.
- The game is heavily influenced by Japanese culture and aesthetics, which favor a more vertical and symmetrical composition.
- Ultrawide monitors may distort or disrupt the artistic vision and balance of the game.
- The game is based on a mobile game, which has a portrait orientation and a narrow aspect ratio.
- The game may not have the assets or the UI elements to accommodate a wider screen.
However, there is still some hope for ultrawide gamers, as some of the possible solutions are:
- Wait for an official patch or update from the developers that may add ultrawide support in the future.
- This may depend on the demand and the feedback from the PC community, as well as the priority of the developers.
- Use a third-party tool or mod that may enable ultrawide support for the game.
- This may require some tinkering and experimentation, and may not work perfectly or consistently.
- It may also cause some issues or bugs with the game, such as clipping, stretching, or cropping.