Diablo 4 is a dark fantasy action role-playing game that offers a variety of challenges for players with powerful loot.
Sigils are among the rarest drops found in various sources, allowing players to modify the difficulty and upgrade Dungeons to Nightmare Dungeons.
In this article, we will explore everything about Nightmare Sigils in Diablo 4 with some tips to find, upgrade, use and what benefits they provide to players.
Table of Contents Show
What Are Nightmare Sigils In Diablo 4?
Nightmare Sigils are items that can upgrade regular Dungeons to Nightmare Dungeons.
They act like Dungeons keys for Nightmare Dungeons and add extra afflictions.
These Sigils have different modifiers that can directly affect the gameplay, such as drifting shade, monster shadow damage or healing power.
Paragon Glyphs can be obtained in the presence of Nightmare Sigils, one of the powerful endgame items which enhance the character’s ability.
Some of the features of Nightmare Sigils in Diablo 4 are listed below.
- They contain the best loot, such as Scared, Ancestral and Unique items.
- They have random afflictions, which makes the Dungeon challenging.
- They can be used as crafting materials to create more challenging Sigils.
- They are consumable items and have different rarities and modifiers.
How To Get Nightmare Sigils In Diablo 4?
There are two different ways to get Nightmare Sigils in Diablo 4. Here are some steps to get them.
- First, you must complete the Cathedral of Light Capstone Dungeon which will unlock the World Tier 3: Nightmare. It is one of the most difficult levels in the game.
- Now, play on World Tier 3 which will increase the level of enemies and the quality of the loot drops.
- Find Nightmare Sigils as loot drops from doing Whispers of the Dead bounties, Helltide events, free-roam exploration or Nightmare Dungeons themselves. These are consumable items with a specific Dungeon name and modifiers.
You can complete the Whispers Of The Dead Events which are bounties that involve hunting down specific targets assigned by the Tress of Whisper.
Additionally, you can try crafting at the Occultist, a vendor that sells various items and services related to the endgame.
You must find Occultists in the open world and pay a fee to use their services.
Moreover, you can find more Nightmare Sigils from higher tiers of Nightmare Dungeons such as Torment (IV) and Inferno(V) which require Ancestral Sigila and Infernal Sigils.
How To Upgrade Nightmare Sigils In Diablo 4?
You need Nightmare Sigils to upgrade Dungeons into Nightmare Dungeons, making it more difficult and providing better rewards.
Once you have Nightmare Sigils, you can use them before entering a Dungeon that matches the name.
For example, if you have Blind Burrows Nightmare Sigil, you can use it to enter Blind Burrows Dungeons and turn it into a Nightmare Dungeon.
This will turn Dungeon into its Nightmare version with additional enemies and modifiers.
However, remember you can only use one Nightmare Sigil per Dungeon.
Here, you will have to face 53+ level enemies, a limited number of revives and at least two negative modifiers.
Rewards Of The Nightmare Dungeons
Players want to upgrade the Nightmare Sigils as they offer more challenges and better rewards than a regular Dungeon.
Similarly, they have different tiers ranging from 1 to 100. Here higher tiers are more challenging and have higher-quality loot drops.
Here you can find the rewards of Nightmare Dungeons below.
- Players will receive legendary rarity or unique items.
- Players can allocate XP to Glyphs, items you place into the Paragon Board to expand character customization beyond their skills.
- The amount of Glyphs XP provided by the upgraded version of Dungeon, Nightmare Dungeon increases based on its tier.
- It enables the player to progress character and obtain powerful loot in the endgame.
Not every Dungeon turned into Nightmare Dungeons.
Likewise, the game has over 120 Dungeons, and each Season, you can use Nightmare Sigils to upgrade 25-30 of them in each season.
Instead, only a certain pool of possible Nightmare Dungeons exists.
The Bottom Line
Nightmare Sigils and Nightmare Dungeons are part of the endgame content that offers more rewards and challenges for the players.
Hopefully, this article helps you understand how to upgrade Nightmare Sigil to Nightmare Dungeons in Diablo 4.
Enjoy Diablo4 with the most pleasing loot and random afflictions.