Baldur Gate 3 is full of formidable, suspicious, and exciting characters.
Captain Grisly is a character in Baldur’s Gate 3 kidnapped by some old hag named Ethel.
This article examines Captain Grisly in Baldur’s Gate 3 and how to save her from Ethel.
Table of Contents Show
Introduction To Captain Grisly In BG3
Captain Grisly now owns the Blushing Mermaid, a tavern in Baldur’s Gate.
You can locate her in the Lower City of Baldur’s Gate in Act 3 of the game.
However, she suffers at the hands of the cruel and strong hag Ethel, who kidnaps and tortures individuals for her enjoyment.
Therefore, she is not herself but rather under the influence of Ethel.
Ethel has disguised herself as Captain Grisly using magic.
Moreover, Ethel uses Captain Grisly’s identity to lure more victims into her trap.
Here are some features possessed by Captain Grisly:
- She is a feminine human being with green eyes and brown hair.
- Moreover, she wears leather armor and a flaming fist symbol-adorned scarlet cloak.
- She fights with a sword and a shield.
- She is courageous, devoted, honorable, obstinate, arrogant, and prideful.
- Although she despises authority and bureaucracy, she has a strong sense of responsibility and fairness.
- She is revered and feared by both her allies and adversaries.
- She enjoys spending time with kids and animals, particularly dogs.
How To Find Captain Grisly In BG3?
To find Captain Grisly in Baldur’s Gate 3, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Lower City of Baldur’s Gate in Act 3 of the game.
- You must visit the Blushing Mermaid and speak with the bartender to locate Captain Grisly and Ethel.
- He’ll let you know that Captain Grisly is in her chamber upstairs.
- Therefore, you should pickpocket him or convince him to hand up the key to you.
- In contrast, you may sneak upstairs and pick the lock.
- Once you enter her room, you will find Captain Grisly seated on a chair in her chamber, flanked by four mask-wearing individuals.
These additional Ethel victims have been brainwashed into becoming her servants.
Captain Grisly will attack you if you go too close to her once she reveals that she is Ethel.
Then you’ll have to battle her and her henchmen.
How To Save Captain Grisly From Ethel?
First and foremost, you must find out the truth about Ethel and Captain Grisly.
To find out the truth, you must start the mission of Save Vanra.
This mission aims to free Vanra, a small child, from Ethel’s control.
Talking to Vanra’s mother, who is waiting outside The Blushing Mermaid, will begin this quest.
She will reveal that Vanra vanished after asking Captain Grisly for assistance.
Further, you must defeat Ethel without harming the cloaked individuals who are additional victims of Ethel to save Captain Grisly.
You can ignore Captain Grisly and the other victims and head straight for Ethel.
They will make the fight more difficult since Ethel will summon them.
However, if you concentrate on her and the mushrooms, you can save them.
If you succeed, the masked individuals will recover consciousness and thank you for saving them.
For your assistance, Captain Grisly will also give you some gold and rewards.
The masks of the masked individuals will come off when they pass away, exposing their identities.
Additionally, this will affect your reputation with some factions or characters in the game.
The Bottom Line
Captain Grisly is a member of the Flaming Fist abducted and impersonated by the torturer Ethel.
You can locate her in the Blushing Mermaid Tavern, save her and kill Ethel.
Captain Grisly will reward you for your help, but killing her other victims will affect your reputation.