The Darkest Deeps is one of the most dangerous and rewarding areas in the game The Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria.
It is set deep underground in the ancient Dwarven kingdom of Moria.
The Darkest Deeps represents some of the furthest reaches that players can access.
This article will explore The Darkest Deeps in The Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria.
Table of Contents Show
What Is The Darkest Deeps?
The Darkest Deeps refers to the deepest, most remote sections of Moria’s extensive underground tunnels and caverns.
It can be found in regions like The Lower Deeps, Dwarrowdelf, and Barazinbar.
Moreover, players will recognize The Darkest Deeps by rooms with two wooden planks passing over a narrow pit or chasm.
Valuable gems like black diamonds and sun-stones are found here but come at great risk.
Where Is The Darkest Deeps Located?
As mentioned, you will find The Darkest Deeps beneath multiple regions in deep areas.
Those areas mostly include the ones that have gone long uninhabited by Dwarves.
Some key locations include:
- The eastern section of The Lower Deeps
- Eastern halls of Dwarrowdelf near Durin’s Tower
- Sunless Canyon of Barazinbar
Reaching these remote outposts requires mapping extensive tunnels and fighting many enemies.
The most important is lowering oneself deep into the earth through narrow fissures and crevasses in the living stone.
What Does The Darkest Deeps Include?
In addition to its dangers, The Darkest Deeps is home to rare resources that can prove invaluable to rebuilding Moria.
Players who brave its depths may find glittering veins of black diamonds, sunstones and other precious gems.
The walls also sometimes yield adamant, a nigh-indestructible metal superior to mithril, but these rewards do not come easily.
In the lightless Labyrinth, cave trolls and orc war bands have had centuries to establish themselves.
Players must compete with more powerful elite and named enemies the deeper they go.
Ambushes and cave-ins are also ever-present threats.
How To Reach The Darkest Deeps?
Traversing The Darkest Deeps is no simple task. Here are the steps players should take to reach and explore its depths:
- Firstly, you must progress far enough into the game to unlock regions like The Lower Deeps, Dwarrowdelf, and Barazinbar.
- This is where you can find entrances to the Darkest Deeps. Moreover, you will find Mage stones on the way.
- Break the mage stones and get inside to explore the rooms.
- Reinforce any unstable walls or ceilings you come across before proceeding further.
- There are many chasms and pits in the area, so you will need to construct rope ladders and scaffolding to climb and descend safely.
- However, you must search and dig various areas to get precious gems hidden around the Darkest Deeps.
- Watch for rooms with two wooden planks passing over a narrow pit or chasm, as these indicate entrances.
The Bottom Line
The Darkest Deeps is one of the most dangerous and rewarding areas in Return To Moria.
If you explore properly, you will find various precious gems you can use afterwards.
With careful preparation and skill, players can tap Moria’s deepest veins and push back the darkness.