The Silverhand door is the only way to access the vault of Sorcerous in the Baldur’s Gate 3.
You have heard rumors of the wonders and horrors he collected in his vault. Are you ready to face them?
Continue reading to learn more about the ways to solve the Silverhand door in BG3.
Table of Contents Show
What Is Silverhand Door In BG3?
The Silverhand Door is one of the doors that leads to the Sorcerous Vault in Baldur’s Gate 3.
The Sorcerous Vault is a secret area where the wizard Lorroakan stores his collection of rare and influential books and items.
The Silverhand Door is named after Laeral Silverhand, a powerful mage and the Open Lord of Waterdeep.
However, the door requires you to pass a Sleight of Hand check to open it.
Depending on which vault you want to access, you need to go through different combinations of doors after the Silverhand Door.
How To Enter The Sorcerous Vault?
To enter the Sorcerous Vault in Baldur’s Gate 3, you need to do the following steps:
- Talk to the librarian, Tolna Tome-Monger, on the first floor of Sorcerous Sundries.
- Then, ask her about forbidden books and persuade her to tell you more about the Crown of Karsus.
- She will mention a key in her room that can open the vault.
- Then, go to the second floor and find Tolna’s room on the left side of the stairs.
- Lockpick the door or use invisibility to enter without being seen.
- Inside the room, look for a curious-looking book on the corner shelf.
- Interact with it to reveal a portal, and grab the key on the desk before entering it.
- The portal will take you to the vault complex, where you will see several doors with different names and symbols.
- Finally, go through a specific combination of doors depending on which vault you want to access.
Ways To Solve Silverhand Door In BG3
Initially, you must talk to the librarian and follow the steps below to solve Silverhand Door.
Here are the steps that may help you solve this puzzle:
1. Talk To The Librarian
Go to the Sorcerous Sundries shop in the Lower City and talk to the librarian, Tolna Tome-Monger.
Ask her about forbidden books and convince her to give you more information about the Crown of Karsus.
The Crown of Karsus is an ancient and powerful artifact.
Further, it allowed the Netherese arcanist Karsus to become a god of magic.
Tolna will tell you she has a portal to a secret vault where the Annals of Karsus are.
Contrarily, the book contains the history of the Crown and other Netherese artifacts.
2. The Portal
Go to Tolna’s room on the second floor and look for a key on her desk.
Use it to open a locked door that leads to a portal. The portal will take you to the top of Ramazith’s Tower.
You will meet Lorroakan, a wizard interested in the Nightsong, another Netherese artifact.
3. Enter The Portal
Enter the portal, and you will find yourself in a vault with several doors named after famous wizards: Silverhand, Elminster, and Karsus.
The vault is a magical maze that requires you to open the doors in a specific order to reach the Tharchiate Codex.
4. Pass Sleight Of Hand
The Silverhand door is the only one that is not locked but trapped.
You must pass a Sleight of Hand check to disarm the trap and enter the door.
The Silverhand door leads to a room with another door named Abjuration.
Go through it, and you will find yourself in another room with a fancy lever and a silver door.
The Bottom Line
The Silverhand Door is indeed one of the doors that leads to the Sorcerous Vault in Baldur’s Gate 3.
However, to access the vault, you must go through a specific sequence of doors and solve some puzzles.
Further, the order of the doors depends on which vault you want to enter: Karsus or Elminster.
Contrarily, depending on which vault you want to access, you must go through a different sequence of doors and solve some puzzles.