If you’re a user of the Spark app and it is not working as it should, don’t worry; you’re not alone.
Many users are frustrated as they keep facing issues while using the Spark app, which can be annoying.
Continue reading to find out common problems behind why your Spark app is not working and fix them.
Table of Contents Show
- Why Is Your Spark App Not Working?
- How To Fix The Spark App Not Working Issue?
- 1. Check Your Login Credentials
- 2. Black Or White Blank Screen Issue
- 3. Can’t Send Or Receive Messages
- 4. App Notifications Not Working
- 5. Audio/Video Loading Problems
- The Bottom Line
Why Is Your Spark App Not Working?
The Spark app is a tool that helps you to manage your emails easily on your computer or phone.
It can organize your messages and group your emails by prioritizing important ones, making them easier to find.
Furthermore, it is like a Smart Inbox that helps you read and send emails.
There are many reasons why your Spark App is not working; here are some reasons below:
- Wrong Login Credentials
- Violating the Spark app’s policies
- Outdated Spark App versions
- Cache and Cookies of Spark App
- Non-standard display settings
- Unstable Internet Connections
- Incompatible devices
- Server issues
- Firewall And Network Restrictions
How To Fix The Spark App Not Working Issue?
Many reasons can cause your Spark app not to work, so take a look at some of their possible solutions below:
1. Check Your Login Credentials
Before moving to solve the technical issue, check whether you’re using the correct login credentials for your Spark app.
Sometimes, login issues can occur simply due to using the wrong username or password.
Hence, try to log in again to your Spark app account using your correct login credentials.
Besides, if the issue is not because of the wrong username or password, it may be due to account banning.
If you have violated the Spark app’s policies, they will ban or deactivate your account.
Therefore, you must verify whether your account has been banned or deactivated, as it prevents you from accessing the app.
2. Black Or White Blank Screen Issue
Many users complain about facing a blank white or black screen when they launch the Spark app.
Furthermore, you may face this screen issue for many reasons like a corrupted app cache, outdated app versions etc.
Your screen may go black from temporary loading issues, incompatible devices, server issues and unstable internet connections.
Besides, the Spark app’s blank screen occurs if you try to open the Spark app in a non-standard display settings.
I. Clear Spark App’s Cache And Cookies
The congested and corrupted cache is one of the reasons that stops the Spark from working smoothly.
Thus, you can resolve it by clearing the Spark app’s cache and cookies from settings and updating it from the App Store.
II. Relaunch The Spark App
You may follow the steps below to solve the issue of the Spark app’s blank screen followed by an app crash.
The first step is to press your device’s recent apps menu and close the Spark app.
Now, relaunch the app to see if the blank white or black screen fades away.
However, if the problem persists, you must perform a hard reboot on your device.
III. Hard Reboot Your Device
If you are using Android, you can hold the Home and Power buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds.
Next, release the buttons and hold the Power button until the screen turns on and relaunch the app again.
If these steps don’t work, uninstall and reinstall the Spark app from Playstore or App Store.
3. Can’t Send Or Receive Messages
If you can’t send or receive messages on Spark, the problem could be related to your internet connection.
You may also run into this issue if the person you’re trying to message is offline.
Therefore, check your recipient’s status for sending emails to avoid this issue.
I. Check Your Network Connection
You cannot send or receive messages in the Spark app when your device has an unstable internet connection.
So, connect your device to a stronger internet connection for your Spark app to work smoothly.
Moreover, using a VPN can cause such issues while using the Spark app.
Therefore, turn off your VPN and check if Spark works better without it.
II. Firewall And Network Restrictions
Sometimes, the firewall in your device can also block access to third-party email applications like Spark.
Hence, check with your network administrator to see if Spark or Google is allowed.
If your firewall does not allow Spark or Google, you must use a different network to launch Spark.
III. Verify Your Email Account
Even now, if you can’t send or receive messages in the Spark app, attempt to log in to it using a web browser.
If you still face the same issue, it may be due to a temporary problem with your email provider’s server.
Nevertheless, if the can’t reach the server message continues to appear frequently, then contact Spark’s support team for assistance.
For Mac OS, iOS, and Android:
- Launch Spark and click the Help button at the top left of your screen or app.
- Now, you must select Send Feedback.
- If you want to fix your issue quickly, write Can’t reach the server for my account in the email subject line.
- You can also specify the email address encountering the message sending or receiving issues.
- Send the email, and Spark’s support team will reach out to assist you.
- Enable Detailed and Connection Logs in your Spark app settings.
- Go to your Spark app Settings > General > Logging to enable logs.
4. App Notifications Not Working
If you’re not receiving app notifications, you can try the following steps:
- Open the Spark App and navigate to the Notifications settings.
- Enable your Spark App notifications.
- Unmute Spark App’s notification sounds for receiving alert sounds.
5. Audio/Video Loading Problems
If you are experiencing audio or video loading problems with the Spark app, follow the steps below:
- The first is to check your device’s volume settings.
- Now, use headphones to determine whether the issue lies with the app or your device’s speakers.
- If you’re facing video loading issues, it might be due to a poor internet connection.
The Bottom Line
It can be frustrating when the Spark app keeps crashing and you cannot send or receive emails.
However, you may resolve this issue and start using Spark without errors by following the above tips.
Thus, keep updating the app and use the latest version of Spark to avoid not working issues.