Star Ocean Second Story R is a role-playing game released in 1998 for the PlayStation Console.
You can add characters as party members while progressing the storyline in Star Ocean Second Story R.
This article discusses party members and how to unlock them in Star Ocean Second Story R.
Table of Contents Show
Who Are The Party Members In Star Ocean Second Story R?
Star Ocean Second Story R features a diverse cast of characters that can be recruited to join your party.
Similarly, each character has their unique abilities and playstyle, and some are mutually exclusive.
Here are the party members available in the game:
- Claude C. Kenny: He is a male protagonist of the game. He is a swordsman who specializes in physical attacks.
- Rena Lanford: Rena is a female protagonist of the game. She is a healer who specializes in support magic.
- Ashton Anchors: He is a swordsman who wields two swords. Likewise, he has high attack power and can effectively damage enemies.
- Celine Jules: Celine is a symbologist who specializes in offensive magic. Likewise, she can deal elemental damage to enemies and has many spells.
- Dias Flac: Dias is a swordsman who specializes in counterattacks. Thus, he can counter enemy attacks and deal massive damage in return.
- Ernest Raviede: Ernest is a martial artist who specializes in hand-to-hand combat. He has high speed and can dodge enemy attacks.
- Leon D.S. Gehste: Leon is a swordsman who specializes in elemental attacks. Thus, he can deal elemental damage to enemies and has many spells.
- Noel Chandler: Neon is a gunman who specializes in long-range attacks. He can deal massive damage to enemies from a distance.
- Opera Vectra: Opera is a mage who specializes in support magic. She can heal allies and buff their stats.
- Precis F. Neumann: She is an inventor who specializes in gadgets. Therefore, she can create gadgets to heal allies, damage enemies, and provide other benefits.
- Welch Vineyard: Welch is an inventor who specializes in item creation. She can create items that heal allies and provide buffs and other benefits.
- Chisato Madison: Chisato is an exceptional agent who can be recruited after a series of events. She is a confident and capable person who is always looking to complete her mission.
Therefore, some characters are mutually exclusive, so you can only recruit one.
For example, Opera can only be recruited if you haven’t recruited Ashton, and Ernest can only be recruited if you have recruited Ashton
How To Unlock Party Members In Star Ocean Second Story R?
To unlock Star Ocean Second Story R party members, you must complete certain events or meet specific requirements.
Likewise, it depends on the character you want to recruit or unlock.
Some characters are only available if you choose a specific main character.
While others are mutually exclusive or require the previous recruitment of another character.
Here are the steps to recruit each character in Star Ocean Second Story R:
- Celine: She is part of the main story and will join you as a guest during the early quest to investigate Krosse Cave. After completing the events in the cave and exiting, Celine will offer to join permanently.
- Ashton: During the Lacuer Front Line Base events, Rena and Dias will have a private conversation in which you can recruit him to your party.
- Precis: She will join you automatically during the story.
- Opera: You have to progress through the Mountain Palace and then agree to help Opera find Ernest to have her join your party.
- Ernest: You can only recruit Ernest after you have recruited Opera. Progress through the Mountain Palace and then agree to help Opera find Ernest to have her join your party.
- Noel: He asks to join after the last battle in the cave dungeon. Do not accept if you have seven characters and want to recruit Chisato.
- Chisato: Upon reaching the Centropolis of Nede, view Chisato’s Sub Event. Meet with her again in North City. Head to the Cave of Crimson Crystals. Pick up her business card after seeing her trip. Complete the dungeon, and return to Nede. Then, trigger Chisato’s Sub Event on the third floor and accept her offer to join.
- Dias: Dias is accessible by picking Rena. Therefore, he automatically offers to join after The Laceur Front Lines.
- Leon: He is only available by picking Claude. Thus, he automatically offers to join after Linga’s story quest before Hoffman Ruins. Ask him to stay.
The Bottom Line
Players can customize and interact with their characters through private actions, making the game more immersive and engaging.
Therefore, whether players prefer a more offensive, defensive, or magical role in their party, there is a character that will suit their playstyle.
It’s important to note that you can only have up to eight characters in your party, so choose wisely.