While playing Alan Wake 2, you may have encountered a bug in the Bright Falls theme park.
In this park, the Espresso Express ride is not working properly and is considered a bug.
Continue reading to read what really happened in the Espresso Express Bug and whether it is solved.
Table of Contents Show
The Espresso Express In Alan Wake 2
The Espresso Express ride is a part of the Bright Falls theme park in Alan Wake 2.
The ride is a spinning carousel with six cars that resemble coffee cups. Each car has a number and a colour on it.
The ride is supposed to be a puzzle that you need to solve in order to access the circuit board below car number 6, which is red.
The circuit board is connected to a power switch that opens a gate to the next area.
The Espresso Express Bug In Alan Wake 2
Some players have encountered a bug in the ride where the cars are not attached to the spinner, and some are clipping through the floor.
As a result, the cars are not spinning properly and are not aligned with the hole in the floor where the circuit board is.
This prevents you from accessing the circuit board and progressing in the game.
Some possible causes of this bug are:
- A glitch in the game engine or the physics system causes the cars to detach from the spinner or clip through the floor.
- A corrupted or outdated game file that affects the ride’s functionality or appearance.
- A conflict with another mod or program that interferes with the game’s performance or stability.
Fixes To The Espresso Express Bug
According to the latest update from the developers, they have fixed this bug in patch 1.0.9, which is now live on all platforms.
The patch also fixes an audio issue in the prologue, an echo scene alignment issue in room 665, and a mouse blocking progress in the local girl mission.
You can check the full patch notes on the official website.
Updating your game will improve your game performance and stability and fix other minor bugs and glitches.
If you have not updated your game yet, you should do so as soon as possible to avoid this bug and enjoy the game.
What To Do Is The Bug Still Arises?
If you have already updated your game and still encounter this bug, you may try some of the following suggestions:
- Reload your save file and restart the game. This may fix the bug by resetting the ride’s state and position.
- Leave the area and come back later. This fixes the bug by reloading the ride’s assets and scripts.
- Switch to Alan Wake and use his flashlight to interact with the ride. This triggers the ride’s animation and logic.
- Start the ride and stop it at the correct moment to align car number 6 with the hole in the floor. This manually solves the puzzle and accesses the circuit board.
- Contact customer support and report the bug. This helps the developers to identify and fix the bug in future updates.
The Bottom Line
A bug in Alan Wake 2 prevents you from accessing the circuit board in the Espresso Express ride.
Update your game to the latest version to avoid the bug in the Espresso Express ride in Alan Wake 2.
If you still encounter the bug, follow the above steps to access the circuit board and continue the game.
Hopefully, this article helps you learn the latest update from the developers and the bug in the Espresso Express ride.