In BG3, many players are excited to use the new soap and sponges feature and are curious about how to use it.
With the release of patch 4, you can now use soap to wash off the blood, grime, foul odours etc, from your characters.
Continue reading to know where you find soaps and how to use them to bathe your characters in BG3.
Table of Contents Show
The Soap Feature In BG3
Players are covered in grime and blood during the adventure and battles in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Previously, you would clean your characters by splashing water on your bodies.
However, the game now allows you to wash and clean up your act using bars of soap and sponges.
Hence, you can keep your BG3 characters fresh and clean after battles and exploration.
Before The Release Of The Soap Feature
Before the release of the soap feature in patch 4, players had to clean themselves by throwing water bottles at their feet.
Furthermore, it was necessary to find a water resource to dip their character to wash off blood, mud and odour.
However, using soap and sponges will keep your characters fresh and clean with simple steps in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Hence, your characters can enjoy a more authentic way of staying clean with this new update.
How To Use Soap In BG3?
To give a nice and fresh bath to your BG3 characters, the first thing you need to do is obtain some soap.
Furthermore, it is not a difficult task to find soap in BG3, as you can find it scattered throughout the game.
After you get your hands on the soap, you can follow the steps below to learn how to use it.
1. Acquire Multiple Soaps
Interestingly, you need more than one soap bar in your inventory to use soap in Baldur’s Gate 3.
This prerequisite is definitely a bit weird, but this is how the new soap feature works.
Hence, you must collect multiple soaps and add them to your inventory.
2. Split The Stack
After you collect a good number of soaps, you must stack all of the soaps from your inventory.
Now, you must split the pile or stack of soap to bathe your character in BG3.
Hence, to split the stack of soaps, you must right-click on the soap stack and select Split Stack.
You can also adjust the number of soap bars you want to split off and then clean your character.
3. Clean Your Characters
With your stack of soap bars properly split, you can use them to clean your party members.
Simply right-click on a soap bar and select the character you want to clean.
Hence, your character will apply the soap, which will wash away the grime, blood, and foul odours.
Where To Find The Soap In BG3?
If you’re concerned about where to find them, don’t worry; you can often find soap in various locations.
You can also get soaps by borrowing them from Raphael.
1. Mattis’ Store: In BG3, you can purchase soap from Mattis, who is a vendor whom you’ll meet during your adventures.
2. Walkeen’s Rest: You can also find some soap bars in Walkeen’s Rest in BG3.
3. Last Light Inn: In Act 2, you can find soap bars near a water spout in Dammon in the Last Light Inn.
4. Shadowheart: You can obtain soap bars from the inventory of one of your friends named Shadowheart.
5. House of Healing: You can find sponges at the House of Healing and soap near Art Cullagh’s bed.
6. Cazador’s Palace: Head to Cazador’s Palace and discover soap bars in the spawn bathroom. There may also be sponges or more soap bars in other rooms.
7. Bonecloak’s Shop: Visit Bonecloak’s shop and go upstairs to find soap and sponge bars in the bathroom.
8. Elerrathin’s Home: You can locate two soap bars and a sponge in the house of Elerrathin.
The Bottom Line
Baldur’s Gate 3 finally offers a way to keep your characters clean and refreshed through the use of soap bars.
You can remove grime, blood, and foul odours from your characters by using soap and sponges to clean them.
Hence, if you are tired of using old methods to wash your characters, then go find some bars of soap and sponges.