Auntie Ethel’s wand, known as the Bitter Divorce, is a unique item in Baldur’s Gate 3.
It can be obtained during the encounter with Auntie Ethel.
In this article, we will discuss what is Auntie Ethel’s wand, how to find it and how to use it.
Table of Contents Show
What Is Auntie Ethel Wand?
Auntie Ethel’s wand, known as Bitter Divorce, is a unique magical item in Baldur’s Gate 3.
This wand can resurrect the deceased but with significant consequences.
Found in Auntie Ethel’s workshop after defeating her, the wand is linked to Mayrina’s husband, Connor.
The wand can reanimate a dead creature as a mindless zombie under the control of the wielder.
This dark magic comes with potential drawbacks, including negative effects on the player character’s reputation and soul.
Additionally, the wand can be temporarily summoned as a minion during battles.
How To Find Auntie Ethel Wand In Baldur’s Gate 3?
Follow these steps to find Auntie Ethel’s wand in Baldur’s Gate 3;
- Encounter Auntie Ethel: You will first encounter Auntie Ethel during Act 1 in the Overgrown Tunnel. She disguises herself as a trader in the Riverside Teahouse.
- Engage In Battle: After realizing her evil intentions, engage in battle with Auntie Ethel. Defeat her to progress in the game.
- Explore Her Workshop: Once defeated, proceed to explore Auntie Ethel’s workshop, which is located near where you fought her. You will find various items in this workshop, including the Bitter Divorce wand.
- Retrieve The Wand: Search the workshop carefully to locate the Bitter Divorce wand. This unique wand will have the power to resurrect the dead, albeit with consequences.
How To Use Auntie Ethel’s Wand?
Players can use Auntie Ethel’s wand by following the steps below:
- Ensure you have obtained the Bitter Divorce from Auntie Ethel’s workshop after defeating her.
- Open your character’s inventory and locate the Bitter Divorce wand.
- Find a corpse of a deceased character or creature that you want to resurrect using the wand. Approach the corpse and interact with it.
- In the interaction menu, select the Bitter Divorce wand as your action. This will trigger the wand’s resurrection ability.
- The resurrected creature will be under your control, so you can use it as an ally in battles. However, remember that it is a mindless zombie and won’t have the same capabilities as a living companion.
- Using the wand on her husband can affect Mayrina’s opinion of you. Be prepared for potential reactions based on your choices.
The Bottom Line
In Baldur’s Gate 3, the enigmatic “Bitter Divorce” offers players a potent yet morally intricate tool.
Its ability to revive the deceased with a significant catch adds a layer of complexity to decision-making.
This unique artifact serves as a reminder that power in the game’s universe often comes with a price.
It encourages players to navigate its dark magic with both caution and curiosity.